100 Years of Women Voting

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
P5 Guy

100 Years of Women Voting

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... cs/590959/

Will there be celebrations? Will there be marching and bands?
Imagine what the USA would be like if the propaganda that voting is a RIGHT and not a PRIVILEGE granted to US citizens, natural born or naturalized in good standing. Now Florida's amendment 4 gives ex-felons the vote. In 100 years will there be celebrations?
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Stupidity at its finest.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Biggest mistake in the world. Allowing women to vote or run for political office
Having a woman in office while going through PMS is not a good idea. Plus they get to emotional if they lose :lol:
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:05 pm Biggest mistake in the world. Allowing women to vote or run for political office
Having a woman in office while going through PMS is not a good idea. Plus they get to emotional if they lose :lol:
Eh, the Witch would just have you killed and make it look like a suicide via two gunshot wounds to the back of the head.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

And the first woman in Congress, Jeannette Rankin in March of 1917.

Among her amazing accomplishments was being the lone dissenting vote to declare war on Japan after the Pearl Harbor attack. Rankin remained unapologetic. "Everyone knew that I was opposed to the war, and they elected me," she said. "I voted as the mothers would have had me vote." Never mind that she represented everyone else in Montana as well.

Of course she pulled the same shit in 1917 when she voted against declaring war on Germany. It made no difference to her that Americans were dying as a result of Germany's unrestricted submarine warfare in war zones regardless of the flag a ship might be flying.

This is the problem with political activism. You no longer represent your constituents, you represent your activist cause. And whenever people talk about women's rights or whatever, they are usually activists.