Trying Again, 22LR Pistol Recommendations?

Everything regarding .22 pistols, revolvers and rifles.
P5 Guy

Trying Again, 22LR Pistol Recommendations?

Post by P5 Guy »

Not wanting anything too fancy. Reliable and accurate enough to bounce a tennis ball around at 10, 20 yards. No problem with super sonic ammo and at around $400/$500.
Since I sold my High-Standard I've been missing a semi-auto 22. I have a fine S&W model 17.
Also I would like an easily maintained pistol. The High-Standard was lock back the slide, push the button and all the field strip parts were ready to clean.
Beck77

Post by Beck77 »

I have a Buckmark like this one, but there are several nice and reliable 22 semi-autos, the Ruger MK IV is another that I think is a really good value.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... 5%22+black
Citrusdude

Post by Citrusdude »

Don't know what happened to my original reply, but looks to have vanished into hyper space. I've always thought the Ruger MK series were excellent shooters. I have a MK l and MK ll. Don't know what the new versions are like.

Steve
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Was looking at a S&W Victory, anyone have one of those?
Casual

Post by Casual »

Ive always loved the brownings, like the supermatic... but my new buckmark target field suppressor ready is... amazing.
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

Yeah, the same here.
My reply seems to have disappeared, too.
This place is getting way too flakey.
Anyone over at full30.com?
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

My Ruger SR22 has been great. Reliable with even bulk Federal Champion ammo.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Ruger Mk series are hard to beat - the original design was introduced 70 years ago, and they probably have the best variety of aftermarket options of any .22 pistol sold today. They make great suppressor hosts, if that matters to you, and If they stopped making them tomorrow, you and your descendants could still find parts to keep yours running for generations.

Two negatives:
1. Some users find reassembly up through the Mk III to be harder than a Rubix cube. The Mk IV finally addressed this with a push button takedown feature.
2. Magazines are not universally interchangeable between the various Mk versions - you have to know what you're looking for to fit your particular gun.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

The new .22LR pistol that has my attention is the Keltec CP-33.

33-rounds on tap! Designed to be a range / target gun. Looks like a hoot!
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Leaning toward a Ruger, but I am not keen on the angle of the grip on the MarkIV.