Need Termite Exterminator Recommendation

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Slartibartfast

Need Termite Exterminator Recommendation

Post by Slartibartfast »

can anyone recommend a reputable company to tent a house
in sw broward at a reasonable cost ?
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

NOT Orkin - if that helps.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
photohause

Post by photohause »

I had it done in Pompano without tenting or nasty gas...we moved five years ago and I con't get my hands on my records. Start searching "NoTenting Termite Control".

It worked fine with no danger to us or our cats.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

I believe who you want is Dead Bug Edwards, they do a lot of tenting for the big companies and will be about a $1000 less for the same job, I would rate them highly. In a former life I used to work for Orkin's termite division and I would not use them myself.
https://www.deadbugedwards.net/

Used them at my office and they beat everyones price, showed up on time and did a Sunday opening. The gas used leaves no residue behind so everthing really doesn't need to be washed ect. There are special bags they give you for your food stuff, but anything opened is expected to be tossed or moved off site.

If by chance the dry wood termites are located in just one spot (but it's a gamble) there are ways of dealing with them. Safer bet is just killing everything in the house.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

i'll give them a call, thanks
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

called them Thursday morning 9am and still haven't heard back.
guess they're really busy
oldejoey

Post by oldejoey »

Had Teminex do a 3,500 sq house, was about $3,000. A couple hoodlums-looking guys, but knew what they were doing.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

got estimates from $875 to $1500 to tent, the smaller places
were the worst and only wanted to do spot treatments for $500-$800.
tried to convince me that crawling around the attic with a pump
up hand sprayer will kill all the termites LOL the small guys all
tried using high pressure sales like a car salesman.
knite7

Post by knite7 »

Have the same problem suddenly. Was about to start a thread when I found this one. My termite problem seem to be concentrated in a few small areas, closet shelves, pantry, one piece of office furniture.
However, I'm concerned about the overhead crawl space. Any chance I could just gas the crawl space with something? I'm told that Raid fogers won't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
When the enemy is in range ... so are you.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

anything other than tenting is a waste of $$$