The NRA shitstorm

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
Allme

Post by Allme »

Not one more inch nor one more dime to the NRA, they are a pack of liberals who support Red Flag Laws and Universal Background Checks. They also supported all the NFA and other gun control measures not to mention the bumpstock (I admit garbage) ban. I stopped sending them checks a long time ago. GOA and NAGR are actually doing work.
tector

Post by tector »

Bmup wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:03 pm Wayne unanimously re-elected.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/ ... president/
Just like an old Politburo vote....
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
photohause

Post by photohause »

Whooa...I thought it was Audrey Meadows
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
tector

Post by tector »

photohause wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:42 am Whooa...I thought it was Audrey Meadows
Lol, dating yourself there.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

The first thing that should be done, is to recharter in a gun friendly state, and dump New York.
Eh, how did the NRA get to be in NY.
Last I checked they were in Virginia.
tector

Post by tector »

jaytwillerham wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:00 am The first thing that should be done, is to recharter in a gun friendly state, and dump New York.
Eh, how did the NRA get to be in NY.
Last I checked they were in Virginia.
State of incorporation has nothing to do with the actual principal place of business. Many large companies are incorporated in Delaware, for example, with their PPB elsewhere.

My understanding is now that NYS has issues with the NRA, it is not so easy to just just fold there and start up elsewhere. You can imagine the issues if say the FL AG had legit issues with a FL corp and they could just do the same.

But the NRA should have sensed this risk many years ago and, when nothing was pending, just have reformed under the laws of Utah, Texas or wherever.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Bermuda
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

Thanks for the explanation.
The world is getting too complicated.
Gotta' wonder, too on what they were thinking.
Yeah, NY would be my last choice, after California.
Studs Turkle (?) was right, the guys at the top ain't always so bright.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

The problem with NY is not corp registration, its over the carry guard insurance program and ny's dem push to keep financial institutions from doing business with the NRA.

Insurance entities don't cross state lines except as another individual company. Each states insurance regulation can be different. One of the reasons why insurance is so screwed up and expensive.
If anyone has ever read the small print on insurance policies, some states don't honor some policies.