re: want to move to Tampa area, not Tampa

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

JonathanW wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:32 pm Wesley Chapel / Lutz / landOLakes are great areas, live 10-11 years here
I'm in Wesley Chapel, myself.

Just out of curiosity, do they still have those "naturist" facilities in Lutz? :mrgreen:
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

BIG JOE wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:37 pm I don't need the ocean. Been looking at Citrus and Alachua counties. Any help is appreciated.
I live in Citrus , pm me with questions
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

How about here on the point on the canal side in a super nice 2 bedroom 2 full bath stilt house with concrete foundation with a 12x24 room down stairs also. With boat dock lift ready. Just install lift.

The house is the second house top right canal side with U shaped dock. Just as Shell Point Rd comes into the picture. There a vacant lot right across from it that's just been scraped. Oh yeah it has an avocado tree in the front yard. If you like them.

I sent you a text with more info. This area is booming also. But there is no more property pretty much to build on the water in this area here. People have bought houses on the water and tore them down to build bigger ones. McMansons especially in Apollo Beach. Either way DO NOT BUY A HOUSE ON THE WATER SITTING ON THE GROUND. Your flood and home owners will eat you alive. My flood is about 250 a year. People across the street whose home is on the ground is 2500.00 a year. That's just flood not home owner ins. Mine runs about 1200.00 a year with finished floor 20 ft above flood. I've lived on the point for 22 years and love it.

RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
p7fl

Post by p7fl »

OP again.
What is the feeling about Clearwater? I only know WAC and ScienceT people are there.

But, I compete every weekend so that would be a plus, and it is has water?
Any thoughts?
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

When we came to FL, our first place was in Largo / Clearwater. It was nice in the sense that it was easy to find a job, and pretty much everything you could need was close by.

But man, the traffic. There were times when it would take me 20 minutes to get a half-mile down the road for something. It was rough. Its certainly busy and bustling there.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

p7fl wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:23 am OP again.
What is the feeling about Clearwater? I only know WAC and ScienceT people are there.

But, I compete every weekend so that would be a plus, and it is has water?
Any thoughts?
Clearwater traffic is horrendous. If you want to be nearby, try Dunedin. Also, look north of that, distance as you feel comfortable.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
milsurp

Post by milsurp »

All of Pinellas Sucks for traffic. Snowbirds only compound the problem all winter. It takes me 20-30 minutes to get to I275 from my place in largo on a good day and talk about Rude people there's no shortage of them here. I can't wait to get out of here. I'm currently looking in Hernando and Citrus counties and hope to be there in less than 2 years.
cvo

Post by cvo »

Odessa
Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin »

Winter Haven, Polk County (banjo music please)
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

Bobberfishin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:18 pm Winter Haven, Polk County (banjo music please)
We don't need anymore folks in Polk, we're full up. :lol:

I personally like North of Tampa. @JonathanW mentioned the Wesley Chapel / Lutz / Land O' Lakes area. I Like those areas too and would add Zephyrhills to the mix. Pretty much any I75 exit at/above Baers' Ave is still nice.

I'm in love with the Springhill / Brooksville area personally.