re: want to move to Tampa area, not Tampa

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
p7fl

re: want to move to Tampa area, not Tampa

Post by p7fl »

I've been south for 25 years. Time to move North and do the Grandfather things like coach baseball, soccer, flag football etc.
My son lives in Tampa. Way too crowded for me and traffic is so slow.
Looking for a town within 45 minutes of Tampa. Small house, NOT apt, 2 bedrooms 2 bath, near the ocean.
I don't have a clue about which places to start looking. RENT can you advise?
Open to anyone's suggestions pro and con places, and if you have a moment, the why.
TIA
jon
Last edited by p7fl on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Which country is on Live PD.
It might be there for a reason.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Tampa itself, no way. You'll find a lot of communities west of Tampa along Tampa bay. Some have more cookie-cutter subdivisions than others. The beach areas are Manatee County, Pinellas, and Pasco. Manatee and Pinellas are expensive unless one lived there a long time or bought during the crash. Depends what you want to spend. Pasco is less expensive and has less traffic. Manatee has a lot of nice areas but is getting quite crowded - SR 64 is horrendous. Pinellas probably is the most densely populated county in the state. However, if you stay very near the west side, it's not so bad. I live about 1/2 mile from the Gulf, and it's not bad if I stay this side of Seminole Blvd. Go east of that and is a parking lot. Pasco might be useful to you if you want to visit in Tampa or have your son visit you - look at the towns near the Suncoast Parkway.

I'm looking in Manatee and some parts of the east coast between Stuart and Sebastian, Got to find that pocket near the coast and away from the traffic. When I'm ready, I intend to ask some of the guys on here, who live in my "short-list" areas more about them. Certain other plans have to form and be realized first.

Good luck.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

I don't need the ocean. Been looking at Citrus and Alachua counties. Any help is appreciated.
BIG JOE
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

BIG JOE wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:37 pm I don't need the ocean. Been looking at Citrus and Alachua counties. Any help is appreciated.
Not sure about Alachua county. That's Gainesville. Some "Anti-gun" sentiment there. UF is there. If you want to go up there, I'd recommend Columbia County. Right next to ALachua and much less expensive tax wise. Fort White, Lake City, etc, or any of the unincorporated areas therein.

I'm in Pasco county. Not actually bad, and the Sheriff (Chris Noco) is pro-2A.
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

Thanks for the information.
BIG JOE
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

p7fl wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:12 pm Looking for a town within 45 minutes of Tampa. Small house, NOT apt, 2 bedrooms 2 bath, near the ocean.
Open to anyone's suggestions pro and con places, and if you have a moment, the why.
TIA
jon
Hey Jon,
From one Jon to another.
I currently live in Bradenton, exactly 45 min south of Tampa.
It's nice here, I grew up in North Miami and lived in and around south Florida (Miami/Ft. Laud) for 20 plus years and a couple years in Daytona Bch. as well.
It's so much nicer here on the west coast and the Sarasota / Bradenton area in general than so. fla.
I've been here for 20 years.
Regards...
Jon
Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin »

We live in Winter Haven in Polk County (banjo music please) and have for 33 yrs. 35,000 people in Winter Haven. I'm a Realtor for 25 yrs & see a great number of folks relocating in Polk County because of lower property prices, lower taxes, proximity to I-4, and wanting to stay away from the congestion & problems associated with Tampa/Orlando. We're midway between Tampa/Orlando, less than an hour's drive depending on location/traffic. Like the commercial says "minutes from anywhere". :lol: :lol: :lol:
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

p7fl wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:12 pm Looking for a town within 45 minutes of Tampa. Small house, NOT apt, 2 bedrooms 2 bath, near the ocean.
If I remember correctly, there's a current that carries the outflow from Tampa Bay to the south. Considering the sewage problems around the Tampa Bay area, I'd look north of the bay, rather than south. Half of the Florida sewage spills and overflows are into Tampa Bay.
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Wesley Chapel / Lutz / landOLakes are great areas, live 10-11 years here