Went to Comcast today & returned all my stuff

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Casual

Post by Casual »

I havent cared about tv for years. I can now understand why grandpa never had a tv in his house. No need for it
photohause

Post by photohause »

Gmountain wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:04 pm Comcast is the worst. Congrats on being free of them.
They are a bunch of liars. When we first moved here, Got two landline number...two months into it one number didn't work-they reassigned the number to someone else. Security system would go down and it was three days without service and while waiting for a tech to come & check & find bad window sensors.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

Comcast is an exercise in frustration, the worst service, totally bad experience talking to someone in fucking India that doesn't have a clue, asked her what her name was told me " Linda Smith" right! Asked her if the dot on her forehead was to tell her when the coffee was ready. No sense of humor, my complex is putting in fiber optics cable, internet phone service u can't believe all the incidental charges Comcast puts on your bill, outrages stuff for the remote control, the government should look into how they rip off the public, we wanted to turn service on here in my place in Oregon couldn't get a month to month deal, hadda be minimum of 3 months at $130 per I'm going to have Dish installed next time I'm here and in Florida can't wait to dump them, got to get the fiber optic heard good reports on quality of service ..

Peace and tranquility from Portland Oregon
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

In general they ALL SUCK. If they get you in the right position they'll take advantage. So just shop for the best deal and forget the BS.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

jjk308 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:34 pm In general they ALL SUCK. If they get you in the right position they'll take advantage. So just shop for the best deal and forget the BS.
Yep, it's all a rip off. I wish we had government provided fiber internet here so I don't have to deal with getting it from cable companies who bribe politicians to do what they do legally. It's too bad Google Fiber decided to stop expanding, Tampa was next.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

zeebaron wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:43 pm
jjk308 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:34 pm In general they ALL SUCK. If they get you in the right position they'll take advantage. So just shop for the best deal and forget the BS.
Yep, it's all a rip off. I wish we had government provided fiber internet here so I don't have to deal with getting it from cable companies who bribe politicians to do what they do legally. It's too bad Google Fiber decided to stop expanding, Tampa was next.
Yeah, but "Government provided fiber" = Government snooping of Internet activities... Why was Google so willing to provide gigabyte fiber in certain markets...? :shock: That, and whose tax money pays for all that government provided fiber???? :twisted: :mrgreen:
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:01 pm
zeebaron wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:43 pm
Yeah, but "Government provided fiber" = Government snooping of Internet activities... Why was Google so willing to provide gigabyte fiber in certain markets...? :shock: That, and whose tax money pays for all that government provided fiber???? :twisted: :mrgreen:
The NSA scans the entirety of everyone's network traffic, no matter which provider you use.
cvo

Post by cvo »

Spectrum is the absolute worst out there.
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

Spectrum = BIG $. The more things we use it to control the amount left is just a little bit less. All of these companies suck. They just want your money for no service. What they tell you and what you get are two different things. As said before you just have to pick the one that sucks the least. Adjusting your viewing habits can help also.
BIG JOE
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

they're getting kicked out of NY

[Youtube]xxE46y-nQAA[/Youtube]
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !