Forbidden Planet

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
photohause

Forbidden Planet

Post by photohause »

I remember seeing this many times on TV as a kid. Fun movie with a terrific cast. I never realized it was shown in so many markets.
Hot Zots!

“You didn’t finish school, did you?
gforester

Post by gforester »

I too remember that movie as a youngster. Man, was Anne Francis a hottie back then. Remember her short lived TV show Honey West?
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

A real classic back in the day. Seen it many times. GARY.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Altaira was hot!
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
tector

Post by tector »

An excellent film which also raised the standard for special effects in films, not surpassed until 2001 came along a dozen years later. While the 50s produced a lot of great sci-fi films (The Day The Earth Stood Still, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, etc.), none of them looked like Forbidden Planet.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Robby the Robot was one of those greats that won most children's hearts both young and old.

Loved how many movies and Tv shows over the years Robby would appear in after his movie Debut (27 in total)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1119475/

A little background on Robbie

https://newatlas.com/robby-robot-bonhams/51922/

And Robbie just sold at auction for 5.3 million

https://newatlas.com/robby-robot-2nd-mo ... net/52298/

But you can get a nice one for 32k at Hammacher & Schlemmer

https://www.hammacher.com/product/genui ... obby-robot

Now he may be better to own then a new gun....
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Great movie. Comedy, and horror in the right combination. Throw in Anne Francis, and I am there.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

One of the few genuine sci fi films in the UFO genre of the 50s, and one that scared the crap out of my dad when he was a kid. While I was always a "Day the Earth Stood Still" kind of person, I always enjoyed Forbidden Planet for the original content and groundbreaking ideas.

In many ways it was that generations "Star Wars" or maybe Star Wars was our "Forbidden Planet." It changed everything and it would take another powerful film such as "Blade Runner" to make everyone take notice.

I certainly thought enough of the film that when it was first released on DVD I bought a copy for my father as well as a DVD player.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:24 am One of the few genuine sci fi films in the UFO genre of the 50s, and one that scared the crap out of my dad when he was a kid. While I was always a "Day the Earth Stood Still" kind of person, I always enjoyed Forbidden Planet for the original content and groundbreaking ideas.

In many ways it was that generations "Star Wars" or maybe Star Wars was our "Forbidden Planet." It changed everything and it would take another powerful film such as "Blade Runner" to make everyone take notice.

I certainly thought enough of the film that when it was first released on DVD I bought a copy for my father as well as a DVD player.
You know you are really spot on, "Day the Earth" is a much more kick butt movie then "Forbidden Planet". But the Color and special effects of "Forbidden Planet" set the bar for Sci-Fi for the 50s. Robot to Robot Gort is one heck of a robot maybe better then Robbie :o but Robbie gets all the love.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Warning young Will Robinson!!

“You didn’t finish school, did you?