Who has tried .350 legend?

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
Casual

Who has tried .350 legend?

Post by Casual »

Have any of you built a rifle or AR in .350 legend yet?

I understand why it was developed. And its need in florida may be lacking, but looks like a solid round.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Looks interesting. Do you need to change the bolt on an AR or just the barrel and magazine??,
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Casual

Post by Casual »

No idea just kept seeing mags for sale
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Mags, barrel and bolt are different, and the Rugers I've seen might have a larger ejection port on the upper, cant remember

Also sent 2 of them back to Ruger so far with mag/feeding issues
Casual

Post by Casual »

Think of a ruger mini30... call it MiniMag or miniMax and chamber it in .350
Arkhangel5

Post by Arkhangel5 »

While I don't own one, I have shot one, friend got one for hunting in straight wall cartridge states.

Very accurate, and hits harder than a .223/5.56 at hunting ranges. Recoil is not bad, more than .223 but way less than .308.

Factory ammo is available for it at Bass Pro shop, decent selection, 145gr plinking ammo, up to 180gr for hunting. Prices for ammo are reasonable.

I looked at it a while back, but the lack of reloading components at the time was a deal breaker for me. I ended up going with a 450 Bushmaster which I use on hogs. 250gr bullet doing 2230fps puts a grin on my face.

If reloading dies and components had been available at the time, I would have went with the 350 Legend.

SY
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Got to be careful in the straight wall states. I don’t know the laws in all of them, but in Iowa, for example, it’s got to be .357 - .500. I don’t know the length of the .350, but in the IA example, the case length is .850” - 1.8”.

If I lived there (yes, considering), I’d go .450 Bushmaster, or just use my shotgun (I have a “few” slugs).
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.