AR Shoulder Braces

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
GlockNRoll

AR Shoulder Braces

Post by GlockNRoll »

HI All,

Looking to build an AR pistol, though not sure of caliber yet. After another member pointed me to TNArmsco, their Glock lowers fit well into my "Glock Addiction" :lol:

Can someone shed some light on the issue of AR "shoulder braces" for me ? Is this just a legal way to build a short barrel AR (would-be) rifle without the paperwork hassle ? It would SEEM that way to me, but that just sounds way too simple. Am I over thinking this ? Would appreciate any info.

Thanks, All the best for 2020 !

Ben
"I love my Country, and consider it a privilege to be an American. I will at all times uphold the United States Constitution. I will support and defend the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic.
Vynntage

Post by Vynntage »

The arm braces are just a way to build a non-nfa short barreled rifle and save time and money. It is that simple.

Last word that I am aware of from the ATF is you can shoulder them, but you can't build a firearm with one if your intent is to use the arm brace as a stock. So as long as you keep the arm straps on, don't make social media posts or what not shouldering it, or otherwise draw attention to yourself you can slap it on your build.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

This. Make sure you leave the strap on there, as stated.
GlockNRoll

Post by GlockNRoll »

Appreciate the info Gentlemen. Thanks !
"I love my Country, and consider it a privilege to be an American. I will at all times uphold the United States Constitution. I will support and defend the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

And don't call it a shoulder brace. It's an arm brace. A shoulder brace would be a stock.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Vynntage

Post by Vynntage »

Also Recover tactical has an arm brace for glock pistols coming out you may be interested in. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/202 ... ock-brace/
GlockNRoll

Post by GlockNRoll »

Thanks Guys

I have a G21 that I would like to put this on. On the subject of the Glock Brace, wondering if anyone has any recommendations for one for the Springfield XD. I have an old 9mm Tactical (5 inch) that I would love to convert also. Having said THAT, any thoughts on using "hot" ammo (++P) in the Glock 21 (.45acp), or the Springfield XD9 Tactical ? Would love to use hotter loads with stabilizer equipped weapons.

Ben