Anybody ever have their AR optic go down while in use?

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
tunashark

Post by tunashark »

Every time I've shot an EOTech it's failed on me. Military and civilian. Had one fail during qualification, still scored expert thanks to co-witnessed irons.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

My first Eotech was a 511 which uses Hard to find N batteries It has a rated run time of 20 hours at low brightness. Needless to say, it would go dark on me all the time. It is the worst HWS ever made period.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

has an Aimpoint T1 die in the middle of a competition once, I kept trying to finish the stage but realized I was just wasting ammo, yelled 50,000 hours my ass and tossed the rifle in the cart......I watched the dot get dimmer and dimmer, I adjusted it brighter then all the way to 10 power and finally it just faded away. :lol:

I don't run back ups cause I don't need 10 lbs of shit on my competition rifle, I was still able to look/sight thru the glass, just couldn't make a shot on a 3 inch plate :roll: , in a zombie/riot :shock: ( see what I did there :mrgreen: ) type situation you'd still be able to shoot a man sized target, just not with great accuracy
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

It's funny that this topic came up. I have Mueller Quick Shot rifle scopes on my AR and AK. When the latest wave of madness began I was a little concerned about the possibility of this happening, so I pulled them off and sighted both rifles in with iron sights. I'm lethal (~1 MOA) to 75-100 yds on the iron sights.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Always want to have backup irons.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.