What's the advantage to building vs buying?

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:00 pm
Skoll wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:41 pm I had honestly never considered Ruger a reputable AR vendor. I was thinking someone like Colt at the very least. Or BCM, etc. Any of those that you know have an actual pedigree in conflict.
Better reconsider. Colt has a new “econo” line of AR’s called “Expanse”. Cheaper, non Colt parts similar to the many other low cost AR’s available today. They had to do this to be competitive in today’s market of low cost AR’s. GARY.
Colt has gone bankrupt how many times, so I'm not surprised? That being said, I have no desire to own another AR besides my M4 marked 6920.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Skoll wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:17 pm
Skoll wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:41 pm I had honestly never considered Ruger a reputable AR vendor. I was thinking someone like Colt at the very least. Or BCM, etc. Any of those that you know have an actual pedigree in conflict.
Better reconsider. Colt has a new “econo” line of AR’s called “Expanse”. Cheaper, non Colt parts similar to the many other low cost AR’s available today. They had to do this to be competitive in today’s market of low cost AR’s. GARY.
Colt has gone bankrupt how many times, so I'm not surprised? That being said, I have no desire to own another AR besides my M4 marked 6920.
I hear ya. I’m an AK guy. GARY
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:40 pm
Skoll wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:17 pm
I hear ya. I’m an AK guy. GARY
Kalashnikov USA has been teasing another product, lotta people think it's finally gonna be an x39 rifle. But that's kinda off topic from this.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."