AR10 Aero Precision M5 Build question(s)

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
MiamiOffshore

AR10 Aero Precision M5 Build question(s)

Post by MiamiOffshore »

I'm reading something about DPMS high pattern vs low pattern? Which one is the Aero Precision M5 lower? What does one need to look for in regards to parts compatibility? Are the Palmetto build kits good for the $ and MOST importantly are they compatible with an M5 lower?
Arkhangel5

Post by Arkhangel5 »

MiamiO.

I believe the Aero uses the DPMS pattern and so does the PSA brand, so technically they should interchange. Can't answer if the PSA ar10 kits are good for $, but based on some of their stuff I own, I would say good to go.

My Aero M5 is built around 6.5Creedmoor, no complaints on reliability other than it is a little heavy. Have shot it out past 1k and again no issues. Only went 6.5C because did not want another .308, but have been considering getting one just because and have been eying the PSA uppers.

SY
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

From the info I've been able to gather; the M5 is a DPMS high profile lower, while the PSA kits are DPMS low profile Gen1 (per PSA customer service). Thus my understanding of it is that the upper and lower are not compatible. Would still like to know what the exact difference is?
Arkhangel5

Post by Arkhangel5 »

MiamiO,

I went and did a little research on high/low receivers and it seems to deal with the rail height on receiver vs the handguard rail. Just an FYI.

SY
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

Has anyone come across any decent complete AR10 uppers (with headspaced bolt) I'm open to 7.62 or 6.5?