What is your EDC?

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:50 am Charter Arms Bulldog .44 with a Barami Hip-Grip...back pocket or IWB if wearing my "fat pants".

That's actually pretty damn cool. I don't think I'd ever use that but the concept is neat.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Skoll wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:57 am
That's actually pretty damn cool. I don't think I'd ever use that but the concept is neat.
It works. No sweaty, bulky holster. Nothing to snag on. You can move it from one side to the other when sitting, driving, etc. without having to fumble with your belt.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:30 pm
Skoll wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:57 am
It works. No sweaty, bulky holster. Nothing to snag on. You can move it from one side to the other when sitting, driving, etc. without having to fumble with your belt.
My main concern would be retention and something to cover the trigger.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Skoll wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:20 pm My main concern would be retention and something to cover the trigger.
Retention is not an issue if no-one sees it. Stays put. Have you ever tried to pull the trigger on a Charter Arms Bulldog?! :shock:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

What do you guys think of the latest .380 micro compacts? I’m thinking of one for a pocket pistol, for when I tuck in my shirt. My normal outfit consists of jeans and a Columbia or similar shirt untucked, and I carry a 1911 Commander size appendix. That prints when I tuck in my shirt. I’ve tried carrying my AMT Backup 45 in the pocket, but it’s a bit heavy, causing a sag. It would be fine IWB, but that’s already set. My pants ride down anyway, as I’m between sizes. My 36 jeans slide off unless the belt is extra tight, but 34 still doesn’t quite make it.

I’ve been considering a Beretta Pico, Ruger LCP, and even a Kel Tec P3at. I even saw a Seecamp .380 on Armslist but the price is :shock: compared to the others; and I worry about an amateur kitchen table gunsmith messing with it, failing, and then trying to move it along.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

I always carry, at least a .380 and for me it’s the LCP. Fits well in a front pocket when I can’t carry on my hip a 9. Had the Seacamp, it was ammo specific, at least the one I had, and heavy to. The Beretta Pico is a nice gun but the bore axis was a little high for me to point shoot well. The P3AT is a great gun but I still prefer the Ruger. You might check out the KAHR P380 but they are hard to find and it has a looong trigger pull which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, if you find one and don’t want it I might be interested. Hope this helps, Mav
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Thanks for the tip on the Pico. Looking at the pictures on their website, yes, it’s high. Didn’t really take notice until you mentioned it. I’ll avoid.

The Kahr P380 looks like a nice pistol but $$. And, one need to be sure to get a P380 rather than other Kahr models. Weight.

I’ll look for a Ruger LCP, or may settle on a Keltec, though I’ve seen most used 1st generation LCPs around the same price as a Keltec, and I’d lean to Ruger at that point. Use would be minimal, as I when my clothing won’t allow IWB. My 1911 is my favorite carry IWB.
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

gforester wrote:Beretta Nano with IWB kydex/leather hybrid holster at 3:30. Bought a G43 from another member here and just did not like how it felt in my hand and it had a noticeable trigger sting when shooting. So it was back to the Nano for me.
Told you that little gun had a lot of bark to it.

My EDC is normally a P229. If not on my belt, than in a bag I carry. I'll rarely switch to a P239 when I'm wearing a more form fitting shirt. I have a CM9 for gym shorts usage.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

rug357

Post by rug357 »

I have a EDC on me gun and a separate EDC in the car gun.
I usually carry on me a S&W 642 or 638 in front pocket. Occasionally I'll carry a Ruger LCP2 in my front pocket.
In my car I carry a CZ-75B or more recently a Beretta M9.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Yup. Full size 1911 in the car/truck. Extra mags.