Favorite Carrying Style?

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
photohause

Post by photohause »

mavrik wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:04 pm
photohause wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:09 pm upside-down shoulder rig - made by Flashshooter22 - great job!

Did you mean our own flashooter? And, ammo carrier on the other side? Thanks , Mav.
Yes, our very own. And yes to ammo on other side.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

MiamiOffshore wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:23 pm Due to the climate in Florida, we are more limited in how we conceal comfortably. Especially those in the South Florida etc. where it's rarely jacket weather, even at night.

So the topic is, what are your favorite ways to conceal? E.G. IWB, SOB, Ankle holster, etc?

I've found IWB to be the most practical in most scenarios and given my wardrobe and style of dress
Tampa isn't far behind you in terms of the hot weather in summer :D

Normally I OWB carry on my strong side at 4 O'clock. However, I'm not opposed to IWB in the same location. I tried AIWB for a while and just never warmed up to it.

And I may be in the minority but I have had the same fanny pack for nearly 25 years and I've gotten a lot of use out of it over the years. Has a rip cord for quick access. Haven't used it in quite a long time but still have it.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Shadowbob

Post by Shadowbob »

Mostly OWB Milt Sparks or 1791 Gunleather carrying one of my 1911s. Occasional pocket carry LCP.
Liquid

Post by Liquid »

Sweep wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:51 am J frame front pocket Before that a Milt Sparks vm2 iwb. But I used to roll With cocked and locked Delta elite in thunder wear talk about uncomfortable when sitting down :lol:
J frame in the pocket is my go to. I just came back from a quick trip outside. Knowing it was short I tried something different. I have a pm9 and carried it at iwb at 1 'o'clock. I still prefer pocket but will explore other positions with the pm9.
Captg

Post by Captg »

Loose shirt alien belly holster or iwb @830 for the larger pistol
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

I have a J frame 32 H&R mag that I usually pocket carry. Sometimes a Kinber Micro 9, or Sig P238 if the pockets are small.

I carry a compact or full size autoloader if I'm traveling.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

I still carry a J frame 38 in a pocket holster most of the time but I recently started carrying a Sig P365 in an AIWB holster when running out for errands on weekend. It's not the most comfortable carry method but it's not bad.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Use to carry OWB at the 3-4 O'clock position exclusively. Since I retired though I've mostly converted over to IWB in the same position. Tried AIWB for a bit but just didn't care for it.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us