Bersa BP9CC

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
Post Reply
User avatar
revelation
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:01 am
Location: Indian River Co.

Bersa BP9CC

Post by revelation » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:27 am

The Bersa is a 8 round single stack 9mm pistol. Some reviews have stated that Bersa does not recommend keeping one in the chamber for concealed carry because of a 3.5 pound trigger. I do not carry and am a little confused. It seems silly to carry a pistol that is not ready to fire. I think good a lot of training, holster and trigger discipline would negate this issue. Is this too light of a trigger? Feedback is much appreciated.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

tcpip95
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:50 pm
Location: Fort Myers, FL

Post by tcpip95 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:51 pm

3.5 lbs is very light - if you're carrying it in Condition One. However, (at least in the case of my Bersa 380 Thunder Plus) because it is DA/SA I carry it with the hammer down in a DA configuration, so the DA trigger is considerably heavier than 3.5 lbs.

trouter3
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by trouter3 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:23 pm

I carry Bersa Thunder combat in 380 on occasion, my Glock 42 is so much lighter its my EDC now due to the weight, but I really like the bulkier feel of the Bersa, fully loaded definitely not a pocket gun, it's a clone of the Walther PPK 380 just a nice looking, functioning handgun. Got to carry one in the chamber all the time, defeats IMHO the whole purpose of concealed carry, I want to pull the trigger immediately!! if the occasion presents itself, not racking the slide, advantage bad guy if I gotta do that. Need to end the scenario instantly if not sooner ..the difference I believe between the Bersa combat and the plus is the 15 rounds it holds, I'm sorry I didn't purchase the double stack plus ...

User avatar
revelation
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:01 am
Location: Indian River Co.

Post by revelation » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:36 am

tcpip95 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:51 pm
3.5 lbs is very light - if you're carrying it in Condition One. However, (at least in the case of my Bersa 380 Thunder Plus) because it is DA/SA I carry it with the hammer down in a DA configuration, so the DA trigger is considerably heavier than 3.5 lbs.
Your condition on is my concern. No safety but your finger. If I chose to get one I can use a snap cap to practice my draw. When a manufacturer recommendes not carrying one in the chamber that raises some red flags!
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

tcpip95
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:50 pm
Location: Fort Myers, FL

Post by tcpip95 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:48 am

Carry it with one in the chamber and use the decocker. Now as DA you've got about a14 lb pull.

User avatar
revelation
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:01 am
Location: Indian River Co.

Post by revelation » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:39 pm

tcpip95 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:48 am
Carry it with one in the chamber and use the decocker. Now as DA you've got about a14 lb pull.
It is a single stack striker fire pistol.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

tcpip95
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:50 pm
Location: Fort Myers, FL

Post by tcpip95 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:00 pm

revelation wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:39 pm
tcpip95 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:48 am
Carry it with one in the chamber and use the decocker. Now as DA you've got about a14 lb pull.
It is a single stack striker fire pistol.
Missed that.

I agree; 3.5 lbs is pretty light, and would be foolish to carry it with one in the chamber, and equally foolish to have to rack the slide to chamber one in an emergency.

User avatar
revelation
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:01 am
Location: Indian River Co.

Post by revelation » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:50 am

tcpip95 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:00 pm
revelation wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:39 pm
tcpip95 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:48 am
Carry it with one in the chamber and use the decocker. Now as DA you've got about a14 lb pull.
It is a single stack striker fire pistol.
Missed that.

I agree; 3.5 lbs is pretty light, and would be foolish to carry it with one in the chamber, and equally foolish to have to rack the slide to chamber one in an emergency.
Thanks for the input. I am not buying it for safety reasons you stated. Back looking at a M&P shield. I don't think you can go wrong.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

jaytwillerham
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by jaytwillerham » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:19 pm

Yeah, that's very light for a carry pistol.
Especially considering how a surprise adrenaline filled situation can affect things.
That 3.5 pull could feel almost non existent.

Post Reply