Florida man arrested after attempting to bring gun into Disney park

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
Mannlicher

Post by Mannlicher »

One the most dangerous things you can do, is to thwart the State’s revenue stream.

BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

775.083 (c) If the offender is armed with a firearm or other dangerous weapon during the commission of the offense of trespass on property other than a structure or conveyance, he or she is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. The way you are notified is not to clear. Just my .02
BIG JOE

Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

10 months later, was he convicted?

tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Lastrites wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:51 am
10 months later, was he convicted?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/a ... ar-BBYZ82P

A similar situation happened in May when a Daytona Beach man brought a gun to the Magic Kingdom, although he was arrested and charged with a third-degree felony of carrying a concealed firearm. Terry Bruce, who told the Sentinel “it was an honest mistake,” was ordered in December to pay $518 in fines, be on probation for one year and perform 50 hours of community service in addition to one day of jail time he already served, according to court records.

Ben V.

Post by Ben V. »

keyword: FELONY

Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

I know I'm in late on this conversation, but isn't Disney private property? If it is private property how was this enforced?

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

I’m sure Disney notified law enforcement and they paid him a visit on-scene.

Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

I've carried in Busch Gardens before. Don't recall if I've carried in Disney or not? Been nearly 20 years since I've been there and I have no plans to go back. Too much pedo stuff associated with it.

But the restrictions are why I no longer go to theme parks. That and the ridiculously high ticket prices.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness http://sepboard.us