New member - Confused

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.
tector

Post by tector »

"Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t after you."
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Legio wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:21 am
flcracker wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:23 pmThere's always ar15.com if you want to publicly chat with undercover BATF agents about prepper plans.
Does not look like this site is still up and running.
Sorry - fixed it to what I meant, not what I typed.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

flcracker wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:10 am Sorry - fixed it to what I meant, not what I typed.
I get 2 blank error messages that I cannot dismiss. I guess that a non-US IP address is a no go.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Legio wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:18 am
flcracker wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:10 am Sorry - fixed it to what I meant, not what I typed.
I get 2 blank error messages that I cannot dismiss. I guess that a non-US IP address is a no go.
There's a thread there discussing how people are getting error messages on their desktops/laptops, but not on their phones/tablets

Much like the problem that I'm still having here.... :cry:
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

IMO if I were an admin I'd have deleted this guys account soon as I read the thread.

You all remember that one guy a few years ago who regged and immediately started asking about home built suppressors and how to acquire baffles that totally wasn't an ATF ploy? That's what this guy reminds me of.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Skoll wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:45 am IMO if I were an admin I'd have deleted this guys account soon as I read the thread.
you would have to wipe out 45% of the gun guys on forums :roll: , its easier to council them or simple tell them act like they been on a gun forum before. some get all defensive and pissy and walk themselves out the door, honorable men apologize, realize their place, and continue...your still here aren't you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

rentprop1 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:25 pm
Skoll wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:45 am IMO if I were an admin I'd have deleted this guys account soon as I read the thread.
you would have to wipe out 45% of the gun guys on forums :roll: , its easier to council them or simple tell them act like they been on a gun forum before. some get all defensive and pissy and walk themselves out the door, honorable men apologize, realize their place, and continue...your still here aren't you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

45%, huh? Might not be a bad thing.

And I guess bad habits are hard to break. Also, it's a good thing I'm not an admin.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

flcracker wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:02 am Much like the problem that I'm still having here.... :cry:
What problem do you have here ?? Open a topic in the help section, please.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

I try not to do that. We can give someone the benefice of the doubt. If he isn't one, he'll come around, or not.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Legio wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:29 pm
flcracker wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:02 am Much like the problem that I'm still having here.... :cry:
What problem do you have here ?? Open a topic in the help section, please.
Same one I posted about right after you moved the server - I could open the site on my phone but not on my computer. However, lo and behold, this morning following the MLK holiday, my computer and/or server like FSN again, so no more problem!!