POSTS GOING MISSING

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.
xdtim

POSTS GOING MISSING

Post by xdtim »

Hey Guys

I have had posts and PM's just "disappear. The latest, I originally posted in September got some interest ( several responses to the post in forum / conversation back and forth, as well as PM's), then I "dropped of the face of the Earth" for a couple months due to some health issues, and the death of my Daughter in October I picked it back up, sent PM's explaining the situation to interested parties, and updated the post as well. Some of the PM's just vanished (twice from my drafts folder, and twice from my "sent" folder, and the recipient never got the ones I sent.

On Dec 24th, I updated the ad (BTT and added a magazine to the pkg). Have gotten NO responses, which is odd as its a great deal on a sometimes hard to find item. Today, I went into the post to again update it, but despite the fact that I am looking at the post, when I hit the edit button, I get a message that "The requested topic does not exist." Again, I have it open in another screen, and title is "[WTS] KEL TEC SUB 2000 AS NEW." I get the same result if I try and reply in thread. Any thoughts ? Really frustrating.

Also, just a thought off topic. Being able to buy and sell on this board is a privilege, ESPECIALLY as sellers have to pay no fee. Anytime there has been a fund raiser for FSN, I have always been happy to write a check, and in years past, have actually hosted a couple of fund raising events. That said, what would be the harm in asking anyone that sells an item (I mean, not a ten or twenty dollar accessory, but anything of real value, perhaps in excess of a $200 sale or something like that) to make a donation to FSN ? Maybe a sliding scale, like 4% or 5% on anything up to $1,000, 2% or 3% up to $5K, and 1.5% on anything over 5K. We're not talking about a lot of money. I know that if I sold something for $1K, I would be all too happy to hand over $50 to FSN as a commission of sorts, and I'm sure that FSN could put it to good use. We could always use it to trim Preacher's beard, or buy some of the old grouchy members new personalities :o :lol:
Just a thought.

If you could let me know what might be going on with posts / PM's going missing, I would be most appreciative !

Thanks,

Happy New Year,

Tim
xdtim

Post by xdtim »

Sorry, forgot to ask.....I assume I should re-post ?

Thanks again,

Tim
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Regarding the PM's, at level we're all in now due to the crash, the PM box is very small. In your options, you can choose to stop receiving or overwrite the last one. Please check if you're not set with the latter.

Regarding the posts. If you dropped a while back I may not be able to track the reasons, but please know that the moderators are instructed to remove ALL post that do not fit the rules, not move, not modify, but remove. No exceptions. This may be the reason for the missing posts.

Yes, you can repost, of course, just make sure the rules are followed. Let me emphasize that although the definitive rules are not set in stone as of now, they were requested by the members. I did set the rule for the title and had very little opposition to it.

Concerning a fee for selling, it is not feasible here. I have no way to control if an item was sold or not. That being said, FSN has always given its services for free.

We are on my server right now and as the previous server, rent is free. But We cannot keep the forum on it very long and it will have to move one day soon. For that, we will need some king of cash. I am thinking about how to handle it efficiently and that everybody will know who contributed to the service and with some additional board perks. I am not sure how I am going to do this, but I will keep you all posted.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Legio wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:39 pm Regarding the PM's, at level we're all in now due to the crash, the PM box is very small. In your options, you can choose to stop receiving or overwrite the last one. Please check if you're not set with the latter.

Regarding the posts. If you dropped a while back I may not be able to track the reasons, but please know that the moderators are instructed to remove ALL post that do not fit the rules, not move, not modify, but remove. No exceptions. This may be the reason for the missing posts.

Yes, you can repost, of course, just make sure the rules are followed. Let me emphasize that although the definitive rules are not set in stone as of now, they were requested by the members. I did set the rule for the title and had very little opposition to it.

Concerning a fee for selling, it is not feasible here. I have no way to control if an item was sold or not. That being said, FSN has always given its services for free.

We are on my server right now and as the previous server, rent is free. But We cannot keep the forum on it very long and it will have to move one day soon. For that, we will need some king of cash. I am thinking about how to handle it efficiently and that everybody will know who contributed to the service and with some additional board perks. I am not sure how I am going to do this, but I will keep you all posted.
I think you should set up a paypal donation link.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
xdtim

Post by xdtim »

I try to play it straight, so don't think I broke any rules, but here is a copy and paste of the whole thread so that perhaps you can figure out what happened. Again, it was up from September until I updated / replied to it on Dec 24th, then disappeared. If you would be so kind as to send me your email address via PM or to Tim.Okon@GMail.com , I can send you an EXACT copy / SS of the whole thread with code, as it might be helpful ?

Thanks, and Happy New Year !

Tim

COPY AND PASTE OF THREAD FOLLOWS.

[WTS] KEL TEC SUB 2000 AS NEW

SearchAdvanced search
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
xdtim
Contact xdtim
[WTS] KEL TEC SUB 2000 AS NEW
• Edit
Post by xdtim » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:48 pm
As new in box, with manual. Purchased new, less than 50 rds downrange. Bought in my "survivalist phase," plinked with it to check it out, cleaned and lubed, and packed in my bug out bag. Never fired again. Stored climate controlled in safe. OD Green, Chambered in Glock .40, includes 1 HiCap Mag and 100 Rds of ++P .40 S&W ammo.

Great deal at $350

Thanks,

Tim
mohshard
Contact mohshard
Post by mohshard » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:51 pm
Whats your location. Interested.
RAN
Contact RAN
Post by RAN » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:48 am
location as well please?
xdtim
Contact xdtim
• Edit
Post by xdtim » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:19 am
Located in the 4 Corners area (Champions Gate / Loughman / Davenport / Reunion. Border of Polk and Osceola Counties.

Have gotten three inquiries on this this AM, so to be fair, first come first served.

Thanks,

Tim
xdtim
Contact xdtim
• Edit
Post by xdtim » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:34 pm
If anyone's interested, I will be headed south next week, Palm Beach, possibly the keys, so could do a FTF

Also have a bunch of ammo up for sale at great prices, and going to be listing an AR, a couple nice shottys, and some pistolas. Thinning the herd a bit.

Tim
mohshard
Contact mohshard
Post by mohshard » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:14 pm
In broward and can do an ftf in palm bch. I will take it.
xdtim
Contact xdtim
• Edit
• Delete
Post by xdtim » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:48 pm
BTT as this guy is available again. Incl 22 Rd Mag. A guy made me an offer on 5 guns, came up short cash, took three.

Tim

7 posts • Page 1 of 1
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Your title is missing s couple things. Your post probably got removed due to that. I vaguely recall it but as we have had s lot over there last couple months I honestly don't not remember.

Repost it following the title rules and all should be well. They are posted on the board here.

Thanks and just shoot me a pm if you have any other issues.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Sorry Tim,not trimming the beard and I am happy with my old,grouchy ass. Not going to post why your post have "vanished",but we'll talk soon and I'll tell you.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
xdtim

Post by xdtim »

I've been an FSN Member for fifteen years now. A lot of the whiners used to complain and bitch about every little thing, and had no appreciation for this forum, the Admins, Mods, and all of their time and efforts. I have always played by the rules, have supported the board financially whenever asked, and even hosted events. So I put up a post (playing by the OLD rules - honest mistake), not knowing that the Obama Administration had stepped in and asked Nancy Pelosi and "The Squad" to re-tool and go Nazi. My post was allowed to remain for THREE months. I update it, and it suddenly disappears (Again, after being allowed to run for three months). No message, no heads up, nothing. Not the FSN I used to call "home."

Wish you all the best, Happy New Year.

----XDTim
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Ok, this is going a bit far calling us Nazis and I'd appreciate an apology to the mods. Also, you "forgot" to mention that your post was 3 MONTHS OLD. There is an auto-prune of old posts in the BST section. At the beginning I had set it to 1 month then was asked to set it to 3 monts. This is where your post went then.

Now just repost it.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Actually, the whole quote is offensive and I want you to apologize to the moderators.
Obama Administration had stepped in and asked Nancy Pelosi and "The Squad" to re-tool and go Nazi