Rules for BST forums

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Bill2e wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:31 pm I like the idea of a standard format and rules. However, I think the [Brackets] are very hard on the eyes and actually add clutter to the topics.

But hey, that's my opinion. I'll follow the rules. Thanks
Please give me an alternative.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

TonyR wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:10 pm I agree with ya Bill. Having the location in the headline is,well........................,like you said,it clutters up the headline. The reason for that is because some people are to dense to read the RULES,location is suppose to be under your name/avatar,just below your amount of post.Posting the location in the headline just don't make no fucking sense,helps clutters up the whole page.Don't know who came up with that idea.
Well, I came up with the idea. Your location is of no use in this case. This mention is for everybody to know what you're willing to do with your sale. You can live in Miami and be OK to travel in Dade County for the sale, or willing to ship in Florida. What good does it make me to know that you live in Miami if I am far from you. I want to be able to know if I may be interested before I open the topic. This makes a lot of sense to me.

[Miami] : I want to do a face to face in Miami only
[Dade] : Only in Dade
[Dade/Broward] : you get the drift
[Florida] : you know what I mean

Now that I write about this a new option may be important [FTF/SHIP/ETC]

I want to be able to find out if I am interested without having to look inside. Just like the News article.

If I see [WTS][Broken] Beretta 92FS - 9mm [$1500][FTF][MIAMI] then I see 3 things right away. I live in Tampa, I am not willing to travel to Miami to buy your over priced junk. No need for me to open your topic and lose time and bandwidth.

Makes sense to me, but what do I know. And seriously, you just have to copy and paste the example and replace the fields. No need for you to look for the brackets on your keyboard. And unless you want to sell tens of guns every day, it is not that much of a problem. If you were, you need to contribute money to the site for the sales.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Wakko wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:39 pm I'm not a fan of the pruning in 30 days.
I can do away with that. No problem.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Situationalray wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:25 am I think the bst forum was fine as is already
Not according to the numerous messages received.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I personally like the brackets. It keeps it very nice, organized, and concise. I also have minor OCD and like things as organized as possible so that can also be it.

This is not the only forum to use this format either.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
hurricanecharlie

Post by hurricanecharlie »

posted hobie cat it was there and now it is gone
been a member for better than a decade -what's up?
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

hurricanecharlie wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:29 am posted hobie cat it was there and now it is gone
been a member for better than a decade -what's up?
You didn't follow format rules, probably.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Bill2e

Post by Bill2e »

Legio wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:58 am
Bill2e wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:31 pm I like the idea of a standard format and rules. However, I think the [Brackets] are very hard on the eyes and actually add clutter to the topics.

But hey, that's my opinion. I'll follow the rules. Thanks
Please give me an alternative.

Like I said - It's minor

[WTS][NEW] Beretta 92FS Cal. 9mm - $500 [TAMPA]

Simple remove the brackets and use a dash.

WTS - NEW - Beretta 92FS Cal. 9mm - $500 - TAMPA
FLipshot

Post by FLipshot »

Hello all. Maybe I missed it, but what is the procedure when we sell our merchandise? Do we delete, insert SOLD in title or just put sold in a reply and let the pruning take care of the ad? Thank you to all in advance. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

FLipshot wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:44 pm Hello all. Maybe I missed it, but what is the procedure when we sell our merchandise? Do we delete, insert SOLD in title or just put sold in a reply and let the pruning take care of the ad? Thank you to all in advance. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.
You should delete anytime it is sold if possible. Otherwise edit the title and we will delete it.