Rules for BST forums

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Wanting to trade is one thing,but people like to know what kind of a value you put on it so they know what might be a reasonable offer,I think.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
OSD

Post by OSD »

I brought up that the Pass It Along sticky post in Buy / Sell / Trade - Other was no longer there. I was told to just post the items in the General Discussions. I don't think this is a good idea. It will get overlooked and pushed down the list and not be seen by some people. It really belongs in the Buy / Sell / Trade - Other forum. Many items will be firearm related.
How hard would it really be for a Mod or Admin to make a sticky post for members to use for this purpose ?
Jim
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

not hard at all.We called it the "pay it forward" thread,worked pretty good.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

jwperry wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:33 pm If were to list an item specifically/solely looking for trades, would it be acceptable to place your desired trade in the bracket and not the dollar amount?
Yes, definitely
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

Legio wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:40 am
jwperry wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:33 pm If were to list an item specifically/solely looking for trades, would it be acceptable to place your desired trade in the bracket and not the dollar amount?
Yes, definitely
Cool thanks.
Bill2e

Post by Bill2e »

I like the idea of a standard format and rules. However, I think the [Brackets] are very hard on the eyes and actually add clutter to the topics.

But hey, that's my opinion. I'll follow the rules. Thanks
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

I agree with ya Bill. Having the location in the headline is,well........................,like you said,it clutters up the headline. The reason for that is because some people are to dense to read the RULES,location is suppose to be under your name/avatar,just below your amount of post.Posting the location in the headline just don't make no fucking sense,helps clutters up the whole page.Don't know who came up with that idea.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

I recently posted something in the forum and apparently did it incorrectly. AFTER the transaction was already completed, the thread was deleted, and I received a PM stating that I got a "forum warning" for violating BST rules, with no specifics. In my opinion, a "Hey man, next time could you (insert correction here)? We fixed it for you this time. Thanks." would do much better than a "forum warning".

Just my opinion.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Wakko wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:28 pm I recently posted something in the forum and apparently did it incorrectly. AFTER the transaction was already completed, the thread was deleted, and I received a PM stating that I got a "forum warning" for violating BST rules, with no specifics. In my opinion, a "Hey man, next time could you (insert correction here)? We fixed it for you this time. Thanks." would do much better than a "forum warning".

Just my opinion.
It is new to us as well so have patience young padiwan

Our apologies
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Wakko wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:28 pm I recently posted something in the forum and apparently did it incorrectly. AFTER the transaction was already completed, the thread was deleted, and I received a PM stating that I got a "forum warning" for violating BST rules, with no specifics. In my opinion, a "Hey man, next time could you (insert correction here)? We fixed it for you this time. Thanks." would do much better than a "forum warning".

Just my opinion.
If you noticed I removed the 3 warnings, including yours, that resulted from the new rules. The mods did not know what the warning option was for because I failed to tell them what the consequences of a warning were.

Since then, I put a message in the Moderator section and all should be cleared. In these cases, you should all report to me. I am here to fix these problems.

To everybody:

As I said this morning in the mod forum, I will try to post a set of definite rules for the BST as many requested them. I gave ample time for people to chime in and give their opinion on them. These rules will be STRICTLY enforced with no warning to the poster. If your ad disappeared suddenly then you did it wrong. A moderator may want to rectify your ad instead of deleting it, but they are not required to. In the end, people will learn to post correctly and in the right section. BST is a privilege.