Welcome back !

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.
fsnadmin
Site Admin

Welcome back !

Post by fsnadmin »

As some of you already know, we have suffered a major hardware failure. Normally, we get a new server, reinstall the most current backup and time for the DNS to propagate, in less than 24 hours, we're back online.

Unfortunately, my backups were made on the server's RAID and the RAID is the part that broke down. Normally, a disk fails, we put a new one and time for the data to reconstruct and we're back online.

Well that was not this easy this time and we were not able to recover anything on the server's hardware. Being very far from the main switch, I have a very slow Internet connection. For that reason I was not doing many off site backup. The last one was from last year. I tried all I could to make it work (at least bring back the users data) but it was always something not going.

When something refuses to work like that, the is only one thing left to do: Restart from scratch.

So please accept my apologies for all the trouble and let the discussions flow again.
S&W collector

Post by S&W collector »

Thank you for the hard work and persistence getting the system back up.
fsnadmin
Site Admin

Post by fsnadmin »

Tried as much as I could to save something.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Hey, you tried.

Are we going to be able to get avatars, member roles, the FSN logo, etc all that back up eventually?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
fsnadmin
Site Admin

Post by fsnadmin »

Yes.

All that is going to come back little by little. You guy can send me PMs to remind me of stuff if you don't see them coming back.
tector

Post by tector »

[Youtube]xZzEzDkeHzI[/Youtube]
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

A quick request. I'm trying to upload my original avatar, but the current file size limit on avatars is 6Kb. I can't get it reduced down any further than 7.5kib and keep the original aspect ratio.

Can we perhaps up the size limit to 10kb or, perhaps, something a bit larger?

Thanks much!
fsnadmin
Site Admin

Post by fsnadmin »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:53 pm A quick request. I'm trying to upload my original avatar, but the current file size limit on avatars is 6Kb. I can't get it reduced down any further than 7.5kib and keep the original aspect ratio.

Thanks much!
OK. On my todo list.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:53 pm A quick request. I'm trying to upload my original avatar, but the current file size limit on avatars is 6Kb. I can't get it reduced down any further than 7.5kib and keep the original aspect ratio.

Thanks much!
I think they're going to get around to fixing that later. 6kb is probably the default phpBB setting.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

fsnadmin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:56 pm

Thanks much!
OK. On my todo list.
Many Thanks! Take your time. I'm sure you have higher priorities in getting things restored.