Remembering Glockpacker

Forum dedicated to remembrance of people that we knew or that were at the center of our ideals. It is not for the death of famous people, actors or singers.
Wakko

Remembering Glockpacker

Post by Wakko »

For the OGs, the name Glockpacker may remind us of a cranky old guy that didn't always agree with things said here, and didn't mind saying so. I purchased my first M1 Carbine from him during his "moving sale", and I just can't part with it. We became friends after meeting in person, though it was short lived, unfortunately.

One of the saddest losses with the new forum is the epic final thread that Eric posted. He got sick and knew his time was short, so he sold off his entire gun collection except for one M1 Garand, got rid of most of his earthly possessions, and packed his remaining items, the Garand, and a bag of cash into his blue Mercury and drove cross-country to see his daughter. He just made it. Shortly after arriving and settling his assets with his daughter, he passed away in his hotel (if my memory serves me). The forum kept in contact with his daughter for a while, and I remember having a get together in his honor, which was his desire. He also wanted his ashes scattered at Port Malabar (IIRC) so that the bullets will pass over him every day.

Gone, but certainly not forgotten. I wish we still had his daughter's information to let her know that we still think of him.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Thanks for the memory sir! I needed that!
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Glockpacker was a real nice guy.
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

Eric was a good man. And he was so happy that he could excel, and compete in long range prone matches, even with his disabilities. He did a lot of travelling with a Port Malabar team, along the east coast.
durabledan

Post by durabledan »

I bought a Ruger 44 mag revolver from him the week before he left for his daughter's
rug357

Post by rug357 »

Eric was a great guy and he is missed.
Gone but certainly not forgotten.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

I met him a couple times and regret not buying a 1911 Colt he offered me at a price he would have gotten twice as much for it, I felt like I would be taking advantage of him, he even offered that I pay him later if I didn’t had the money.
Sometimes I wonder who bought it or if he kept it.

Because of him I try to swear less since he always chewed my ass because of my swearing.
RIP Sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

Never met him, but it is still a sad occasion.
avmech

Post by avmech »

RIP to one of the good guys
I found an excellent gun control law we should all follow. It's called the Second Amendment.
Shadowbob

Post by Shadowbob »

Eric was a great guy indeed. Spent a few afternoons with him at his condo teaching me things about firearms. A real class act.