Hello from Fort Pierce!

New to FSN? Drop in and say hi!
MagiDavid

Hello from Fort Pierce!

Post by MagiDavid »

Hello! My name is David, I'm live in Fort Pierce and I've been into firearms for the past 30ish years. I'm into a few calibers, 22, 380, 9mm, 223 / 556, 7.62 x 39 and a few others. Also in into reloading all of these calibers (except 22).
kjmullin

Post by kjmullin »

hello, my name is Kevin and it’s my pleasure. I live in Martin County just south of you. Are there any outdoor ranges that you like to go to around by you?
MagiDavid

Post by MagiDavid »

kjmullin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:35 pm hello, my name is Kevin and it’s my pleasure. I live in Martin County just south of you. Are there any outdoor ranges that you like to go to around by you?
Hello Kevin,

Indian River County has a public range, they have areas for: pistol, rifle, shotgun, air rifle and archery. From where I'm at it's about a 40 min drive, not too bad. They charge about $13 for the day. Here's the URL: https://www.goshootingirc.com/
I'm planning on going there after love bug season ends here in a few weeks.

There's also a range in Okeechobee, but I've never been to that one, and it's about the same distance from where I live.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Welcome from Tampa Bay!
kjmullin

Post by kjmullin »

I will definitely take a look at that website and shooting area. That might be a little further from me but may be worth the drive. www.treasurecoastfirearmstraining.com shoots out of Okeechobee and a few other areas. I do like it out there and it is only 25 minutes directly west of me. It also has some accessibility instead of all soft dirt and sand that my wheels would get stuck in. Looking forward to checking out this other website

MagiDavid wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:07 pm
kjmullin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:35 pm hello, my name is Kevin and it’s my pleasure. I live in Martin County just south of you. Are there any outdoor ranges that you like to go to around by you?
Hello Kevin,

Indian River County has a public range, they have areas for: pistol, rifle, shotgun, air rifle and archery. From where I'm at it's about a 40 min drive, not too bad. They charge about $13 for the day. Here's the URL: https://www.goshootingirc.com/
I'm planning on going there after love bug season ends here in a few weeks.

There's also a range in Okeechobee, but I've never been to that one, and it's about the same distance from where I live.
MagiDavid

Post by MagiDavid »

IRC shooting range is a nice place, paved access road (though rough in some areas) and ample parking. If memory serves me right, there is ramp access to the main building.

I just picked up, a few weeks ago, a new S&W 686 wheel gun, and I've been working up some 38 special and 357 loads to try in it, this seems like the only way to get ammo for the those calibers at the moment. I also picked up a Shield Plus and am anxious to get that out to the range as well.

Perhaps we can meetup sometime and hit the range. :)
kjmullin

Post by kjmullin »

That would be great. It definitely sounds like you picked up some great new additions to add to the collection. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. These days, I am finding it harder and harder to get any caliber almost all types. It’s really gotten to the point of insanity these days. It makes me upset that I never thought of getting into the ammunition business a few years back. LOL.
MagiDavid

Post by MagiDavid »

Life got in the way, sorry for the late response.

If you're on Discord, there is a great server there just for in stock notifications for all things firearm. Here's the URL:
https://discord.com/channels/7476519012 ... 4248183868

I've found a lot of ammo, powder, and the occasional sky high priced primers. And we anyplace does have them in stock, they won't be there for long.

As for ammo, 9mm seems to be available now, and the prices are slowly coming down in price, but still are high. I picked up 500 rnds, steel case, of 7.62 x 39 from Midsouth shooters for $165 + shipping.

Sending you a PM.... Scratch that, appears I don't have access to private message yet. Perhaps a moderator would be so kind as to grant access?
Last edited by MagiDavid on Wed May 26, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.