New Florida Resident

New to FSN? Drop in and say hi!
B1948J

New Florida Resident

Post by B1948J »

Hi all. My wife and I just moved down to Boynton Beach from Plymouth, MA in May. I was a member of the Plymouth Rod & Gun Club up there. We lived in Plymouth for 5 years until I couldn't take the climate (both temperature and political). Prior to that we lived in N. CA for 33 years where I was a member of Coyote Valley Sporting Clays. I've been shooting since the early '60's.

I very much enjoy sporting clays but haven't found any clubs to join or places to shoot here in PBC. I did get my CCW license already and do enjoy target plinking with .22 and 9mm handguns. I've done some competitive .22 rifle and handgun shooting. I'd really like to find an active IDPA group in the area. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would also like to become more proficient at longer distance shooting. I have a 7.62 that I've never shot past 300 yards. If anyone knows where I could get in some larger distances I would appreciate that too. I have some experience shooting out to 800 yards but that was a long, long time ago.
krimmie

Post by krimmie »

MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

Welcome to Florida!
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Welcome from Tampa Bay. My summers were spent on "The Vineyard..." so I have some familiarity with the area!