Moving to Miami from MA

New to FSN? Drop in and say hi!
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

Pistol caliber only?
That's a new one.
Not much in the way of choice there.
Sounds like a good reason to buy another rifle.
Lots of pistol caliber rifles these days.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

jaytwillerham wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:06 am Pistol caliber only?
That's a new one.
Yeah, we used to call them SMGs. :lol:
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
tector

Post by tector »

jaytwillerham wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:06 am Pistol caliber only?
That's a new one.
It is a small place wedged right in the city. It is kind of a miracle it still exists at all. It would never be allowed in new. It is very near a bunch of residences and businesses. Google map it.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Jnkranch

Post by Jnkranch »

You are not moving to a very shooting friendly area. High population and scarce land assures scarcity of shooting venues. I live in Weston, and although Markham Park is less than 4 miles away, I have not shot there in over seven years. I am into competitive shooting and the Markham Park facility is not suitable for significant or complex stages. I shoot matches almost every single weekend but I travel to the venues. The closest venue is the range in Homestead right by the Air Force Base. I also shoot at the OK corral in Okeechobee. I also travel to the West Coast and shoot in Punta Gorda. I have heard rumors that the current owners of Altair facility off of 75 as you get close to Naples or opening a competitive shooting facility in their southern range .
TACC

Post by TACC »

Jnkranch wrote:You are not moving to a very shooting friendly area. High population and scarce land assures scarcity of shooting venues. I live in Weston, and although Markham Park is less than 4 miles away, I have not shot there in over seven years. I am into competitive shooting and the Markham Park facility is not suitable for significant or complex stages. I shoot matches almost every single weekend but I travel to the venues. The closest venue is the range in Homestead right by the Air Force Base. I also shoot at the OK corral in Okeechobee. I also travel to the West Coast and shoot in Punta Gorda. I have heard rumors that the current owners of Altair facility off of 75 as you get close to Naples or opening a competitive shooting facility in their southern range .
They already have

Gator tactical

Rifle range out to 1.5 miles

PRS rifle matches, etc

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jnkranch

Post by Jnkranch »

TACC wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:05 am
Jnkranch wrote:You are not moving to a very shooting friendly area. High population and scarce land assures scarcity of shooting venues. I live in Weston, and although Markham Park is less than 4 miles away, I have not shot there in over seven years. I am into competitive shooting and the Markham Park facility is not suitable for significant or complex stages. I shoot matches almost every single weekend but I travel to the venues. The closest venue is the range in Homestead right by the Air Force Base. I also shoot at the OK corral in Okeechobee. I also travel to the West Coast and shoot in Punta Gorda. I have heard rumors that the current owners of Altair facility off of 75 as you get close to Naples or opening a competitive shooting facility in their southern range .
They already have

Gator tactical

Rifle range out to 1.5 miles

PRS rifle matches, etc

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Nope, not that one. There was another Altair range called Deep Lake Facility, on 29. The range being worked on there will be called Deep 50. Not sure when it will open.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Gator tactical is north of I75, is the other one you are speaking about the old Altair that was south of I75?