Any watch collectors in the group?

Discussions on good cigars, fine spirits and your favorite recipes and foods!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

My every day wear is a Sea Dweller. It makes me nervous sometimes, as I don't want to bang it up. I think I'll put it away and buy myself a G Shock for every day, so i don't worry about it. For dress, I have the most valuable watch in the world - only gold filled, not a fancy brand, a 17 jewel Gotham, but it was my dad's. Got it cleaned and oiled and it runs fine. Style is the small rectangular which was popular in the late 1040s.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Spikes40

Post by Spikes40 »

REDinFL wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:12 pm My every day wear is a Sea Dweller. It makes me nervous sometimes, as I don't want to bang it up. I think I'll put it away and buy myself a G Shock for every day, so i don't worry about it. For dress, I have the most valuable watch in the world - only gold filled, not a fancy brand, a 17 jewel Gotham, but it was my dad's. Got it cleaned and oiled and it runs fine. Style is the small rectangular which was popular in the late 1040s.
the rolex's are made to be knocked around... just have a polish done once a year and it will look brand new always
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

That's the other side of it: I don't have any children to whom to leave it. So, I might as well just wear it and enjoy it. When I'm dead, the condition won't matter.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I always wanted a nice watch but was not willing to break the bank I picked up a Tissot Classic and I like it simple.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Whilst being stuck in the UK the past 3 years I've picked up a few watches;

Hamilton Chronograph Panda

Omega Speed master reduced

Tudor heritage bi-metal chronograph

Tag Huer professional stainless grey face quartz

I still have the Raymond Weil bought from here must be 7 years ago now :)
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Not a collector, but I do have a Rolex Submariner and my grandfathers 1964 Rolex Daytona with Panda Dial.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

osprey21 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:50 am ...and my grandfathers 1964 Rolex Daytona with Panda Dial.
Might want to get that appraised! :shock:

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -