Stanley Cup Parade

Discussions on good cigars, fine spirits and your favorite recipes and foods!
P5 Guy

Stanley Cup Parade

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.wtsp.com/article/sports/nhl ... 0157bda70a
TAMPA, Fla. — That's a wrap! The Tampa Bay Lightning's 2021 victory boat parade following the team's second consecutive Stanley Cup championship was definitely one for the books.

Fans got a glimpse of their favorite players as they sailed down the Hillsborough River with the Stanley Cup in hand. The famous hockey trophy also got a ride on Alex Killorn's jet ski.
hotspur

Post by hotspur »

P5 Guy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:56 pm https://www.wtsp.com/article/sports/nhl ... 0157bda70a
TAMPA, Fla. — That's a wrap! The Tampa Bay Lightning's 2021 victory boat parade following the team's second consecutive Stanley Cup championship was definitely one for the books.

Fans got a glimpse of their favorite players as they sailed down the Hillsborough River with the Stanley Cup in hand. The famous hockey trophy also got a ride on Alex Killorn's jet ski.
The real NHL comprised six teams: Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadians, Boston Bruins, New York Rangers, Detroit Red Wings, and Chicago Blackhawks. Anyone else is an impostor. Ice hockey in Florida, gimme a break!
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

So, do not watch hockey
stick to the kneelers in the national felons league
:roll:
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

hotspur wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:45 pm
P5 Guy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:56 pm https://www.wtsp.com/article/sports/nhl ... 0157bda70a

The real NHL comprised six teams: Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadians, Boston Bruins, New York Rangers, Detroit Red Wings, and Chicago Blackhawks. Anyone else is an impostor. Ice hockey in Florida, gimme a break!
I totally agree. In those days, I attended many parades when the Montreal Canadiens won the cup all the time. And back then, 98% of the players were Canadian. No Russian ringers. That was real hockey. GARY.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Let's go living in the past.

A lot of folks moved out of the rust belt, northeast and frozen Canada.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

That would be me. Came here Christmas 76 for a 3 week vacation, & never left. Shoveling snow SUCKS. GARY.
George W

Post by George W »

Ehhh..... hockey, AKA: Soccer on ice.
neonnight34609

Post by neonnight34609 »

hockey originated in England In the 1790s. There is no other sport like it. they Playing 3-4 games a week, get stitches, broken bones, knocked out teeth and come back out to play. its a real mans sport. no silly rule changes expect for the helmet. say what you will but we got back to back cups. that only has happened 15ish other times since the 20s. Canada last cup was sometime in the early 90s. I will take hockey over football any day but then again I would watch bowling over football :lol:
Common sense isn't so common these days
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

neonnight34609 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:44 pm hockey originated in England In the 1790s. There is no other sport like it. they Playing 3-4 games a week, get stitches, broken bones, knocked out teeth and come back out to play. its a real mans sport. no silly rule changes expect for the helmet. say what you will but we got back to back cups. that only has happened 15ish other times since the 20s. Canada last cup was sometime in the early 90s. I will take hockey over football any day but then again I would watch bowling over football :lol:
:D
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

neonnight34609 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:44 pm I will take hockey over football any day but then again I would watch bowling over football.
I agree 1000%. When I was a kid, it was easy to know who the goalie was. He was the player with no teeth. GARY.