Concerning the problem of deleting private messages, I just created a brand new forum on one of my domains and the error wasn't present. Over the weekend, I will try something, but it will require me to shut down the forum. I will try to do this at a less problematic time for you guys. I'll keep you posted but if the forum isn't available, it is because I am working on it.

Any watch collectors in the group?

Discussions on good cigars, fine spirits and your favorite recipes and foods!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

My every day wear is a Sea Dweller. It makes me nervous sometimes, as I don't want to bang it up. I think I'll put it away and buy myself a G Shock for every day, so i don't worry about it. For dress, I have the most valuable watch in the world - only gold filled, not a fancy brand, a 17 jewel Gotham, but it was my dad's. Got it cleaned and oiled and it runs fine. Style is the small rectangular which was popular in the late 1040s.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.

Spikes40

Post by Spikes40 »

REDinFL wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:12 pm
My every day wear is a Sea Dweller. It makes me nervous sometimes, as I don't want to bang it up. I think I'll put it away and buy myself a G Shock for every day, so i don't worry about it. For dress, I have the most valuable watch in the world - only gold filled, not a fancy brand, a 17 jewel Gotham, but it was my dad's. Got it cleaned and oiled and it runs fine. Style is the small rectangular which was popular in the late 1040s.
the rolex's are made to be knocked around... just have a polish done once a year and it will look brand new always

REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

That's the other side of it: I don't have any children to whom to leave it. So, I might as well just wear it and enjoy it. When I'm dead, the condition won't matter.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.