Rancho Bonito Springs info?

The trials and tribulations of the great outdoors.
flcracker

Rancho Bonito Springs info?

Post by flcracker »

Do any of our members have a key & deed to this place near Zephyrhills? They pop up from time to time on FB marketplace as cheap as $250.

Google searches show that there were problems out there five or six years ago but that the owners association was required to put up a fence and a locked gate to keep trespassers/hoodlums/methcookers out. Hard to find much recent information on the place.

I'm wondering if it is really just for hardcore mudrunners or if it is suitable for an old graybeard to ride around in his old unmodified Jeep YJ and spend the night under the stars by a campfire.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

This place sounds like fun for recreational shooting etc. If it's safe and at prices like that I would be willing to buy a big chunk of acreage and host a shoot/meet every couple of months for forum members!
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Pretty sure this place is NOT suitable for responsible target shooting. It's a drive-where-you-wish mudder's paradise. No control over what is behind your target. And, I gather that random shooting out there is one of the things that the neighbors complained about which led to the crackdown and fencing.

This is one of those Florida land deals where you buy a deed to a tract of land within a much larger parcel so that you get access to the entire parcel, much like River Ranch. You may never actually be able to locate your tract, and if you do it's likely under water. No internal fencing within the overall parcel, and no buildings or improvements. The idea of buying a few contiguous tracts and setting up an informal shooting range is likely out of the question.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

This is one of those Florida land deals where you buy a deed to a tract of land within a much larger parcel so that you get access to the entire parcel, much like River Ranch. You may never actually be able to locate your tract, and if you do it's likely under water. No internal fencing within the overall parcel, and no buildings or improvements. The idea of buying a few contiguous tracts and setting up an informal shooting range is likely out of the question.
[/quote]

Damn, it did have that "too good to be true" feeling.
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

I have an acre in Suburban Estates for sale ...
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

Dave P wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:10 pm I have an acre in Suburban Estates for sale ...
Details?
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

I assume you know about Sub Estates, outside holopaw?

I have a lot 1.25 acres, high and dry. Does have a path on the edge.

About 2 miles from the gate.
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

Dave P wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:15 pm I assume you know about Sub Estates, outside holopaw?
No I don't know much about land in this part of Florida. Was interested in buying cheap rural property for a private range.
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

Florida has had many land booms and busts. During the boom years , deevelopers bought big hunks of land, and many started to develop them. Then they went bust. Look here for more Suburban Estates info: http://www.holopawfl.com/

SE has 10000 acres, and land owners have free access to most of that (behind a locked gate).

A shooting "range" is included.

Many people like it for mudding.

Look at River Ranch , also, it is closer to Miami.
Droknows

Post by Droknows »

I haven’t been to rancho in about a year. But I do know you don’t want to be in there after dark and don’t leave anything valuable in your truck if you’re gonna go ride for a while. Weekends it becomes a shit show with drunk teens. Last time I went was daytime but there was no one checking anyone. It was a free for all.