Wyoming 2019 Hunting Trip

The trials and tribulations of the great outdoors.
Capt_Jerry

Wyoming 2019 Hunting Trip

Post by Capt_Jerry »

Currently on a combination elk and antelope hunt in the Buffalo Wyoming area. I have been concentrating on the elk but have had no success as of yet, I decided yesterday to take a break from the mountains and look for some antelope as I had a doe/fawn tag and needed some meat for the freezer back home in Florida.

I managed to find a very hospitable rancher who allowed me to hunt on his property. Managed to find a small group who immediately spotted me. I watched them for a bit and they were starting to get nervous and were facing me head-on with the exception of one who gave me broadside shot at 152 yards. I decided to take the shot before the group lite the afterburners and disappeared. The Barnes 95 grain TTSX once again did its job. It passed through and dropped the doe on the spot. I have yet to recover one from antelope, deer and the hogs that have met their demise from the TTSX.

Tool Description
> 12.5” AR-P barrel 6.8 SPC
> Anderson upper and lower
> Rock River two stage trigger
> Bushnell Elite Firefly 3x9x40 scope
> Saker 7.62 suppressor
> 95 grain Barnes TTSX over 29.5 grains of Accurate LT-32

Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

I'm envious....congrats, now get that elk!
aka: Dolfan
Citrusdude

Post by Citrusdude »

Congrats. Did you get any of the snow that pelted us last night?

Steve
Capt_Jerry

Post by Capt_Jerry »

Citrusdude wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:55 pm Congrats. Did you get any of the snow that pelted us last night?

Steve
Not much down here in town but about 5" up on the mountain this morning. Followed some tracks but the elk went into some tough terrain. Never caught up with them although the temperature was :o 12 degrees :o and motivated me to keep on moving.

Jerry
TACC

Post by TACC »

Great job

Keep us posted

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Hell yea!! At what time is dinner lol? Lol
Capt_Jerry

Post by Capt_Jerry »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:34 pm Hell yea!! At what time is dinner lol? Lol

Pulled into Florida last night. Trip was fun, unfortunately no elk.

Supper will be at 6PM tonight. Grilled marinated antelope steaks, yellow rice and a salad. Hopefully you can make it.