Blackbuck and Boar in Argentina

The trials and tribulations of the great outdoors.
Japle

Blackbuck and Boar in Argentina

Post by Japle »

Got all my reservations made for a Blackbuck and wild boar hunt in Argentina this fall. It’ll be spring down there, about like May up here.
Blackbuck is an Indian antelope that’s being crowded out by the rapidly-expanding population in India. But since they’ve been exported to South America and Texas, among other places, and allowed to breed on hunting ranches, they’re doing just fine.
I consider Blackbuck to be one of the most beautiful antelope. Too bad there’s no way to get the meat past customs, but I’m sure there’ll be meat available at the ranch, so I can get a taste.
Getting a rifle into Argentina is an expensive hassle, so I’ll use one of the many rifles they have at the ranch.
Wish me luck!
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Whatever you do, be sure to bring back one or more punal knives. The gauchos at your hunting preserve will teach you how to properly cut off a chunk of steak with the punal while gripping the meat between your teeth!
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Japle

Post by Japle »

I might, except that I'm only taking a carry-on and my day pack.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

Just mail it to you home while there.
It's usually cheap to mail stuff home when out of the country.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Japle

Post by Japle »

Mailing meat into the US is still illegal.
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the meat. I already have about 80 knives, but another one wouldn't hurt.
Last edited by Japle on Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Pretty sure he meant the punal knife. You won't regret it. Just don't let some idiot here in the states sharpen both sides of the edge - they're a single-grind bevel.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Japle

Post by Japle »

Well, I collected a nice blackbuck. One shot at 180 yds from a sitting position - I refused to shoot from the damn truck window.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqCsO8gxByLEnh-_AscF0jKPWULa
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Nice blackbuck! Are you getting a mount done?
Capt_Jerry

Post by Capt_Jerry »

Congratulations ! I think it's great that you shot from the ground and not out the truck window. Last month I hunted elk in Wyoming and had my fill of side-by-side and 4 wheeler hunters zipping all God's creation and hunting from them. I guess they are shooters and not hunters.
Capt_Jerry

Post by Capt_Jerry »

Sorry about the double tap.