Ballot question

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Firemedic2000

Ballot question

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Can you take your filled out sample ballot filled out with you to vote so you can use it as a guide on voting on the admendments. Basically you just look at your sample ballot and copy what you have filled out to you ballot.

Or do you have to scribble it on the palm of your hands :P
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Gmountain

Post by Gmountain »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:41 pm Can you take your filled out sample ballot filled out with you to vote so you can use it as a guide on voting on the admendments. Basically you just look at your sample ballot and copy what you have filled out to you ballot.

How hard can it be to remember how you want to vote?
Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin »

Yes, I've brought in "cheat sheets" or sample ballots in with me before.
There's so many amendments up for voting, and some have more than one topic.
Restoring constitutional rights for felons & also raising mandatory retirement age for judges on the sale amendment???????
Offshore drilling & Vaping restrictions on the same amendment????????????
I guess they're worried about someone drilling a hole & then blowing smoke into it.
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

Yes we take the sample ballots all the time, the amendments are most difficult to remember don't have to spend time reading em with the sample in hand ...
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Thanks I've never carried anything in before. But there are quite a few more Admendments it seems. I did not want to screw up and vote wrong on one because I could not remember everything about it as far as the pros and cons.

I've read up on them alot this past week. Ive used this link and others to explain the Admendments in detail.

https://www.jamesmadison.org/wp-content ... 08_web.pdf
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Greg

Post by Greg »

I’ll be voting tommorow myself and taking my filled out Sample ballot w me
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:41 pm Can you take your filled out sample ballot filled out with you to vote so you can use it as a guide on voting on the admendments. Basically you just look at your sample ballot and copy what you have filled out to you ballot.

I filled out my primary sample ballot, but never got it to the election HQ, so I brought it to my polling station. I asked if I could cast my vote with it. I was told no. So I asked if I could use it to copy my answers to the ballot they gave me. I was told no. But I remembered who to vote for, so it was no big deal. I guess it’s up to the supervisor of each individual polling station. Sort of like asking people if a SBR needs to have 5 US 922 parts. Many will say yes, & many will say no. GARY
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

I've never been refused entry into a voting booth with the sample ballot in my possession ..
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

Stick it in your pocket and carry it in. They wont frisk you. :lol:
macattack321

Post by macattack321 »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:10 pmSo I asked if I could use it to copy my answers to the ballot they gave me. I was told no.
It's perfectly legal (and actually encouraged) to do this. If they try that BS again, contact the Supervisor of Elections ASAP.