NRA attacks MiamiJBT (GOA’s FL Director)

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Firemedic2000

NRA attacks MiamiJBT (GOA’s FL Director)

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Below is the letter put out by the NRA.
Florida Alert! Ignorant Attacks on Pro-Gun Legislators Hurt Gun Owners

DATE: September 3, 2021
TO:    USF & NRA Members and Friends
USF Executive Director
NRA Past President

When ignorance and desire for attention leads to unwarranted attacks on true Second Amendment friends, perpetrators deserve to be called out and that's what this reporter did.  The article below (reprinted with permission) shows a clear understanding of what is happening with this group.  It's not the first time GOA's "Florida Director" has launched this kind of attack, but it needs to stop.  It's hurting the cause and embarrassing to law-abiding guns owners.

The Florida legislature has a pest-control problem  it's infested with RINOs.

Republicans have controlled the state House, Senate and Governor's mansion for years, but Floridians still don't have constitutional carry. The Gunshine State once led the nation in gun rights  we pioneered concealed carry, Castile Doctrine and Stand Your Ground  but nowadays, Florida has the most restrictive gun laws of any Republican-majority state.  

Much of the blame for this can be laid at the tiny feet of former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg, who in 2018 gave then-Senate President Bill Galvano $500,000, which led to passage of the "Parkland Bill"  to date, the biggest, most sweeping gun control bill in the history of the state. Once this and other contributions were outed by the National Rifle Association, all the Bloomberg funding went underground.

At the state level, the blame begins and ends with the Republican Party of Florida, which tends to forget about gun owners until primary season. While there are state lawmakers who deserve praise, there are more than a few who deserve blame.

To be clear, Rep. Cord Byrd deserves our praise, as well as the thanks of every gun owner in the Gunshine State.

Byrd has proven he can always be counted on to support our God-given and constitutional right of self-defense. He is a strong supporter of both the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution and Article I Section 8 of the Florida Constitution, and he has earned an A+ rating from the NRA.

When it comes to guns, Byrd has proven time and time again he is one of us and not a RINO, and I'm reasonably certain that when he cuts himself shaving, he bleeds Hoppe's #9.

Unfortunately, none of that mattered to Luis Valdes, the Florida Director of the Gun Owners of America.

For reasons known only to Valdes, he singled Byrd out for blame Wednesday  posting an extremely offensive and nave statement on social media:

Personally, I've never met Valdes, although we've spoken on the phone a few times. It is important that he and other advocates who come before the legislature understand the legislative process, and Valdes' ignorant post proves he does not understand the process. Even worse, he did a disservice to gun owners by attacking a trusted lawmaker  a true friend of ours  who champions the Second Amendment.

In my opinion, Valdes must think that by attacking legislators who have a proven track record of advocating for gun owners, he somehow gains street cred. In fact, all this does is prove he does not deserve the trust of gun owners or the ability to speak on their behalf.

Valdes needs to understand that limited committee time cannot be spent on bills that have no chance of passing. That includes bills that do not have a companion in the other chamber. Legislators must find a sponsor in the other chamber. When they don't or can't, the blame lies with them for failing to do their job, not with a committee chairman who has a duty to ensure that bills of other members who have done their homework are heard.

Valdes' attack did not go unnoticed.

"When groups and group spokespersons, who don't understand the legislative process, attack legislative leadership and committee chairmen who support the Second Amendment, they shoot themselves in the foot and do an enormous disservice to law-abiding gun owners," said Marion Hammer, past president of National Rifle Association, current NRA board member and executive director of the Unified Sportsmen of Florida.

Others agree.

"It's hard to call this friendly fire when it's intentional," said Sean Caranna, founder and executive director of Florida Carry, Inc. "This is a case of someone who cannot tell friend from foe. GOA has in the past and should do better. I am surprised at this short-sighted attack, and I call on GOA to get their house in order."

A longtime Florida Carry member tried to talk some sense into Valdes Wednesday, but he wouldn't hear of it and doubled down on the comments he made is his post. As someone who spent 20 years as an investigative reporter, I understand Valdes wants to generate buzz and possibly a headline, and he's not the first to go after a well-known member of the gun community in the hopes it will create even more of a splash, but we have a hard enough time gaining friends in Tallahassee. Badmouthing our allies and holding them up for ridicule is nave and counterproductive. While I am all-in on holding public officials accountable, you have to go after the right public officials. Let's start with those who are anti-gun.

I have nothing but respect for Gun Owners of America, but clearly Valdes and GOA owe Byrd an apology. It should be public, heartfelt and it should happen most ricky-tick.

As always, thanks for your time.

Lee

Note copied and pasted above

I for one say MiamiJBT is a stand up guy and doing a great job. Go get them. The NRA until they get rid of the corruption will never see another dime from me. Also that bull dyke blood sucking Marion P. Hammer needs to STFU and climb back into the hole Whence she crawled out of. :lol:

RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Luis must've struck a nerve. Good.

This is nothing more than a command from the "ruling class" to "the serfs" to get back in line and shut up - WE know what's best for you.

I find this passage of the letter ESPECIALLY offensive:
"When groups and group spokespersons, who don't understand the legislative process, attack legislative leadership and committee chairmen who support the Second Amendment, they shoot themselves in the foot and do an enormous disservice to law-abiding gun owners," said Marion Hammer, past president of National Rifle Association, current NRA board member and executive director of the Unified Sportsmen of Florida.
Excuse me? Republicans control the ENTIRE legislature AND the governor's mansion and can't pass ONE pro-gun bill while 20-some other states pass laws that clearly send a message to Washington to leave our guns alone? That's not a "legislative process," OR showing that they "support the Second Amendment." WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY WAITING FOR???? That sounds like bowing down to Bloomberg and his cronies, to me. How f*cking stupid do they think we are?

Come next election cycle, they'll find out.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Agree Odessaman
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
ss1

Post by ss1 »

It's right out of the swamp playbook when the politicos feel their influence is threatened. Luis should be thankful the Clintons aren't involved.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Agree exactly!

Struck a nerve maybe to start with, we need to drop a 12 pound sledge see what that gets for a reaction.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Gun Owners of America/Gun Owners of America - Florida was accused by others for supposedly not understanding how the Florida Legislature works.

Rep. Cord Byrd as the Chair of the House's Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee, killed Constitutional Carry by not bringing it up for a vote.

Those that are defending him claimed that a good Committee Chair wisely manages the Committee's limited time. That he did the right thing by not bringing up Constitutional Carry because it didn't have a "Senate Companion Bill" and "would be a waste of time."

(Mind you, Rep. Byrd told me that himself when I asked him if he is bringing up Constitutional Carry. He said he wouldn't bring them up since they didn'thave Senate Companion Bills.)

Strange.... Byrd on April 7, 2021 brought up not one, but two bills (HB 411 & HB 1397) that didn't have a Senate Companion Bill. They were debated and voted on.

Hmmmmm......

So it is okay for Rep. Byrd to not bring up Constitutional Carry because it didn't have a Senate Companion Bill.

But it is okay to bring up other bills not related to gun rights that didn't have one.

Because that's not wasting the Committee's time, right?

As the Committee Chair, he ultimately decided what to bring up for debate and vote.

It appears that Rep. Byrd thought the Breach of Surety Bonds (HB 411) was far more important than advancing Constitutional Carry to protect Floridians' SecondAmendment Rights.

Because hey, that Surety Bond Bill didn't have a Senate Companion Bill, but it got debate and vote time.

The fraudulent claims against me.

The voting record of two House Bills without Senate Companion Bills.

The bills themselves.

Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Any publicity is good publicity. ;)
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

Agreed! They have a super majority, what EXACTLY are you waiting for? The time to act is now. RESTORE the Second Amendment; and in doing to send a message to D.C.!
tector

Post by tector »

A multi-pronged attack--must be doing something right.

https://thegunwriter.substack.com/p/flo ... ource=copy
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Taking flak means you're over the target.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.