Am I the only one who's lost faith in this debacle.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

Post by tector »

I hope this "I ain't voting no more" stuff does not spread across the border to Georgia any time soon, or there will be a major clusterfuck in the Senate. They have TWO Senate races going to run-offs in January which will almost certainly decide who controls the Senate.

So maybe everybody can wait on swearing off voting for a couple of months....
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

The senate is 50-48 republicans now. Even if the other two seats wind up with blue asses in them the senate vote will likely be deadlocked.
The best outcome for conservative Americans is a White House and Congress that can’t get anything done.
—Griff
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Sorry, I am wrong about a deadlocked Senate. I forgot the VP gets a vote to break it.
Dammit!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

The Senate won't deadlock anyway. Consider the RINOs, such as the doddering old biddy from Maine, Collins, and Murkowski from Alaska, and of course everyone's favorite, "Mittens" Romney. So, with 48 dems in the Senate, and these three RINOs, they have a majority. And, there are more RINOs, I assure you, it's just that these are the most obvious.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
photohause

Post by photohause »

term limitations
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
tector

Post by tector »

REDinFL wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:06 am The Senate won't deadlock anyway. Consider the RINOs, such as the doddering old biddy from Maine, Collins, and Murkowski from Alaska, and of course everyone's favorite, "Mittens" Romney. So, with 48 dems in the Senate, and these three RINOs, they have a majority. And, there are more RINOs, I assure you, it's just that these are the most obvious.
Even RINOs can't vote for court packing. In fact I am not sure some Democrats can, but who knows.

It would be truly irresponsible to say it makes no difference which party controls the Senate. People need to stop whining that voting doesn't matter, unless you truly believe (as but one example) that there would have been no difference between a Governor DeSantis and a Governor Gillum. And anyone who believes that is a fucking idiot.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I've been involved with enough political campaigns personally to know who is really running things.

Crony capitalists own every career politician, anyone who gets in the way of that will be eliminated at all cost.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Good video. We’re just a secondary consideration in relation to the K Street special interest groups.

lighteye

Post by lighteye »

I've lost a LOT of faith in the process over the last 2 decades.

That a very vocal minority drives so much of societal change and strife without fear of reprisal is disheartening. That a supposed 50%+ of our nation is so brain damaged that they would elect a man with obvious dementia is mindboggling.

When armed black panthers were in front of polling places intimidating voters a dozen years ago, NOTHING was done.

I guess a roaring economy, record low unemployment, and having a CiC with balls meant nothing to millions. Did I dislike a lot of Trump's actions? Yep, but I was able to see the larger picture and figured it a logical tradeoff.

That the vote couldn't be tallied fairly and accurately is a huge disappointment and seriously FUBAR.
tector

Post by tector »

zeebaron wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:42 pm I've been involved with enough political campaigns personally to know who is really running things.

Crony capitalists own every career politician, anyone who gets in the way of that will be eliminated at all cost.
Of course money speaks. Most mature adults understand this. The question is whose money? If someone thinks Soros's money (as one example) is just the same as everybody else's, all I can say is that person is a fool.

It would have taken only a very small percentage of "conservatives" to opt out of voting to have given us Gillum (Soros money) instead of DeSantis (money sure, but from the right).

You guys are playing a dangerous game here by sulking and trying to discourage voting. Life goes on after every election. Reagan and Trump both came after liberals were elected in the prior election. Time to move forward and expand the conservative electorate, for which there were some very hopeful signs.