Open primaries on the ballot

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

As far as the Florida Constitutional Amendments go, I generally vote no as this is an underhanded way to get something that could not pass the legislature and governor, or just a taxpayer ripoff.

If I cannot understand the amendment, like it was written by a lawyer to hid it's meaning, automatic NO!

If it comes from Morgan & Morgan, or other libiturds, is for gambling, or Light Rail, it is an immediate NO!

Beware the unintended consequences. :o
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

if someone has a link where they break those down I'd like to see it, the only thing Ive seen from the 2A side is Vote NO on 3 ....

of course I always vote not to retain any of the judges
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

No on all amendments, always. It's not the way to pass laws and they never turn out to be what anyone thought they were.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

chester field

Post by chester field »

The need for these amendments is the continued failure of the legislature to address the issues. Reps answer to parties, not the people. Parties answer to the lobbies that fund them. People are lazy and do not hold reps accountable, nor do they do legitimate research on the issues by which to hold the reps accountable. It's all "go team!". Politics in this country is like college ball. Maybe if the Republican party were still conservative and still identified with right of center voters and the constitution, this wouldn't be such a threat to them. Dems are threatened as well since their party is even more divided and pandering to the leftists. Open primaries are a threat to special interests, even this version of open primaries.

With all that said, I still don't ever have a problem with people who vote against amendments because they don't believe they belong in the constitution. We are fortunate to have the right to vote as we do on so many things.

I'll also be surprised if it passes. Lot's of money out there that wants it to die.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Uh...um...open primaries :| ......... :lol: ....NOOOOO

Wrote in women's right to vote topless at all polling places with the right to stare :P
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS