I voted... (in 2020)

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
FfNJGTFO

I voted... (in 2020)

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Starting a thread to gain reports on your experience at the polling place. Of course, you need not state for whom you voted. I'm just curious as to the conditions you found when you arrived to the voting place (or mail in drop off).

I voted this morning at 9:15am. There was no line on the outside when I arrived, and few people waiting inside. Everyone was "socially distanced" as marked by the blue lines of tape on the floor. Everyone had to wear masks. I overheard one of the election officials say that, same time yesterday, the line was way out the door and well into the parking lot. In my case, I think I was 6th in line to go inside the voting booth area. Good thing I waited until today!

Once inside the voting area (took about 15 minutes to wait outside), everything proceeded as planned. I showed my ID, they scanned it, made me sign the affadavit that I had not voted elswhere or by mail, etc. They then printed a two page ballot (with one of the pages double sided). I filled it out, and approached one of two scanning stations. They said it didn't matter which page I scanned first, but I scanned the double sided one anyway, first. I asked if the numbers are collected and saved each night (in case something happens to the machines). They told me the ballots submitted are removed from the machine each night and sent to the election office, but the counts in the machine are not tallied until the polls close on election night. I hope, at least they back up the machines each night when they send the paper ballots to the election office.

Anyway, that was my experience. How about yours?

PS. I did see an "irregularity" in the way the political signs were posted on the property that kinda pi$$ed me off a little. While waiting in the parking lot for my Lyft ride home, I took note of how the political signs were placed on the outside. I saw only one sign each for the two Presidential candidates. Without saying which was which (although I gather you could probably guess 😃 ), One sign was visible to cars as they entered the driveway leading up to the parking lot. The other was only visibile to people already in the parking lot and preparing to leave the lot going out. Hmmmmmmm...... :x :evil:
Last edited by FfNJGTFO on Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I guess I'm a dinosaur, the wife and I will vote in person on election day, November 3rd.
Much less chance of our votes going missing that way.
Florida is fairly safe (except for the liberal three, Dade - Broward - Palm Beach) from vote tampering.
It is a shame it is coming down to this, but the Democrats have been playing games with vote tampering since 1960, and over the last 60 years, they have it down to an art :evil:
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I used the drop off at the elections supervisors office in Riverview.

I drove up, handed the guy out front my ballot, he looked it over for anything wrong, gave me a nod, dropped it a box with a big padlock on it and I drove away! :D
Casual

Post by Casual »

2nd day after early voting opened here... 10am lines out the parking lot. Fairly painless 45 minutes.... in and out, voted in person
TACC

Post by TACC »

Voted yesterday, 6pm, waited 45 min only, 35 people in front of me

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I got my ballot mailed to me. After filling it out, I drove to the election HQ in Palm Beach. Instead of dropping it in the outdoor box, I walked inside to hand it to an employee. It was not necessary to wait in the line. The line is only for those actually filling out the ballot inside. No lines to drop off a completed ballot. GARY.
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

Voted in person Tuesday. No wait during lunch hour. They had probably 30 voting stations w three being in use.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Voted Monday no wait at all because it was raining. In and out in 10 mins.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Wife & I voted Thursday evening, arriving 30 min. before closing time. No line. No issues. We were in and out in 12 minutes.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

My son and I voted yesterday around 1:00.
No line at all in Lakeland.