How's ACB doing (in the hearings)?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
FfNJGTFO

How's ACB doing (in the hearings)?

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Thought I'd start a thread about her progress in the Senate Hearings. How do you think she's doing? I did see some banner signs on FNC today that may have caused a little concern, and I wanted to clarify them. I saw where she is quoted as saying, "The Heller decision leaves open some room for additional legislation." I've seen another where she was quoted as saying to the effect of: "The 2nd Amendment as currently written does allow for the govt. to impose restrictions on "dangerous people." Hopefully, she means only the current restrictions against convicted felons and/or people adjudicated "mentally ill." But I can see how the antis might mis-construe that to mean "additional restrictions" over and above that.

Any concerns with the above or is she doing well???
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Update: I'm starting to feel better about her. I'm watching her spar with Dick Durban and she's definitely holding her own. Apparenly she issued a disent where she felt (in the Ricky Cantor case) that she felt it unfair to discriminate against "non-violent" felons, not necessarily "all" fellons. Hmmmm.....
Last edited by FfNJGTFO on Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I loved it when some asshole asked her what sort of reference notes she was using!

She help up a blank pad and said "It says United States Senate at the top!"

Then just smiled!
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

The leftist's threw up more roadblocks today. However it's all a dog & pony show. There doesn't appear to be anything they can do to stop her ultimately. Romney (whom some worried could be swayed) said today he will vote for her.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Looks like the doddering Susan Collins will not.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

REDinFL wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:59 am Looks like the doddering Susan Collins will not.
Then she should plan for her "early retirement" in 2022. Same for Murkowski if she does the same.
TACC

Post by TACC »

FfNJGTFO wrote:
REDinFL wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:59 am Looks like the doddering Susan Collins will not.
Then she should plan for her "early retirement" in 2022. Same for Murkowski if she does the same.
Sarah Palin is trying to coax or persuade Murkowski, even threatened to run against her if she doesn't vote for her.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk