Trump tests positive

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
neverenoughguns

Trump tests positive

Post by neverenoughguns »

So what do you think this means for his re-election chances?
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

neverenoughguns wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:33 am So what do you think this means for his re-election chances?
Hopefully, it will cause all Trump supporters to rally and get out the vote! And to vote in person in order to avoid any "mail in malfeasance." Hopefully, he and FLOTUS will test negative and he'll be back on the trail after his 10 day isolation. Already I see the dem response as being, "It just shows how poor a job he'd done on the pandemic." Ugggghhhh...

I pray for a speedy recovery for all. And I pray Baron doesn't get infected (has he been tested recently)?
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Changes the whole dynamic. Depending whether it's a false positive or not, it might be the end of debates. Or, if it is a real positive, some people recover, though it may be a month (just the wrong month) for recovery; and, there can be the question of any permanent damage to organs, especially the heart and liver. The longer term damage can indeed affect his fitness to serve. I truly hope it is a false positive, and that everything returns to normal, or what passes for normal in DC.

As far as the election is concerned, it's almost the thing some were speculating (myself included) that Biden would pull this to get out of the debates. Well, now Trump likely is out of the debates which, judging by the strategy and performance of the recent one might not be a bad thing. But, no chance of making Biden look like the bumbling fool, which we know he really is, without being able to put pressure on him. Speculating, and not meaning him ill will or serious sickness, if the test is confirmed it might be best for Trump to resign for health, Pence becomes president and might do better at a debate with Biden.

OK, how about a way-out one? The Republican Party says to Trump and his campaign, "Figure out a way to get out of this election, because we won't support you any more. You basically blew it in the debate." So, Trump is sick, resigns and Pence is president by Constitutional succession. No outward appearance of film-flam. And, now there would be a reasonable cause to postpone the election a month so that the ballots can be corrected; further, all mail-ins can be thrown out because the votes cast were for a different lineup. If the demos go wild, Insurrection Act with obvious cause. Have Trump declare it so it doesn't (at least not too much) besmirch Pence.

It'll be interesting to see how the gun and ammo prices go today. Yeah, I know seemingly silly, but I think a good indicator of sentiment. The Market futures are down; we'll see how that opens.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
hotspur

Post by hotspur »

He can’t have tested positive. He took hydroxychloroquine, didn’t he?
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

hotspur wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:49 am He can’t have tested positive. He took hydroxychloroquine, didn’t he?
He did earlier. I'm not sure if he was still taking it as of recently or not though.
photohause

Post by photohause »

"So, Trump is sick, resigns and Pence is president by Constitutional succession." Never going to happen ~ his ego is wayyy too big. Some speculate that he won't step down if Bieden wins.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

photohause wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:38 am "So, Trump is sick, resigns and Pence is president by Constitutional succession." Never going to happen ~ his ego is wayyy too big. Some speculate that he won't step down if Bieden wins.
Agreed. He won't step down... not even via 25th amendment. And I'm not sure we should even be talking about "resignation" scenarios at all... After all, he's only "mildly" if not asymptomatic. Same with FLOTUS. I hope that 10 days from now, he'll re-emerge and get right back on the trail. Maybe with a mask to shut up the dem haters, but still, back on the trail.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

With such a high survival rate it's no big deal sure he will live threw it maybe even make an ad saying how he beat COV-19.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I fail to understand why anyone here, or on any Firearms forum would be anything other than super supportive for The Donald. Ok, I understand there are a lot of libertarians here. Ok, I get it he is a loud and sometimes obnoxious NY'er. But he really has been the best at get-r-done.

But wait till the KAMala, is large and in-charge with her commie allies and they come for us. Joe won't last a month. She will make the Obomination Image look like George Washington. You will really, really long for the days of The Donald.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
rug357

Post by rug357 »

Okay, so he tested positive...but is he sick?
I know several people who tested positive but they had no symptoms.

Sorry but it's been a crazy morning with kid's school and haven't had the time to listen to the news yet.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.