Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead....

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
NorincoKid

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead....

Post by NorincoKid »

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg , dies at 87

This election just became even more important. I think we all saw it coming anyways....but the now the heat is on.

tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

You couldn’t write a Hollywood script that would capture all the Drama Of 2020.

McConnell is already on record saying he won’t wait until after the election.

“ At the center of the battle to achieve that will be Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. In 2016 he took a step unprecedented in modern times: He refused for nearly a year to allow any consideration of President Obama's supreme court nominee.

Back then, McConnell's justification was the upcoming presidential election, which he said would allow voters a chance to weigh in on what kind of justice they wanted. But now, with the tables turned, McConnell has made clear he will not follow the same course. Instead he will try immediately push through a Trump nominee so as to ensure a conservative justice to fill Ginsburg's liberal shoes, even if President Trump were to lose his re-election bid. Asked what he would do in circumstances like these, McConnell said: "Oh, we'd fill it."”
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Joins the likes of Teddy the swimmer in the political hall of shame.
There was no honor in that woman.

I'd pay money to watch Trump try and appoint the likes of Ted Cruz before the election. Every major city in America would be burning.

Lefties would be hanging themselves in droves, celebrities would be saying their moving to another country (lies of course).
What a shit show.
Last edited by Chigger on Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

tcpip95 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:49 pmMcConnell is already on record saying he won’t wait until after the election.
Thats quite a time crunch to be on though. I don't know if they can ram somebody through in 47 or so days.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

tector wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:43 pm https://www.npr.org/2018/12/21/67906553 ... ung-cancer

This bitch refuses to croak.

Colon cancer. OK, survivable.

Then, years later, while looking for something else, the find pancreatic cancer super early. Almost no one beats PC, but she does since it is was discovered so unusually early.

Now, she breaks ribs, AND BECAUSE OF THAT, they find her lung cancer very early. It is like God broke her motherfucking ribs on purpose to say "Hey, look here."

Either that or she sold her soul to Satan, and he is going to keep her going as long as possible before cashing her in. She is too valuable to him alive.

I am going with the latter theory.
Well, I guess Satan decided to claim her LOL
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Darth Bader is dead...the Force is strong with the Republic.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

NorincoKid wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:07 pm
tcpip95 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:49 pmMcConnell is already on record saying he won’t wait until after the election.
Thats quite a time crunch to be on though. I don't know if they can ram somebody through in 47 or so days.
The Senate will move this to the very top of the agenda. Democrats won't be able to do anything about it. And they know it. Look for them to boycott all the hearings; there's nothing left for them to do. As someone said, THEY changed the rules to a simple majority under their watch. And when the Senate approves her replacement, the election won't even matter anymore.
tector

Post by tector »

tcpip95 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:15 pm
NorincoKid wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:07 pm
The Senate will move this to the very top of the agenda. Democrats won't be able to do anything about it. And they know it. Look for them to boycott all the hearings; there's nothing left for them to do. As someone said, THEY changed the rules to a simple majority under their watch. And when the Senate approves her replacement, the election won't even matter anymore.
GOP Senators in Utah, Alaska and Maine (at a minimum) are far from certain to go along.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

McConnell needs to bitch slap Senator Lisa Murkowski, that bitch is already saying she won’t vote for a Justice before the elections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tector

Post by tector »

So those scenarios where we have a mega Bush v. Gore result get real interesting with an even number of Supreme Court justices.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”