Law Suits Over 80% Receivers

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
P5 Guy

Law Suits Over 80% Receivers

Post by P5 Guy »

Everytown for Gun Safety, an advocacy group that is a plaintiff in the lawsuit along with the cities, argues that until about 2006, the ATF did require unfinished components that clearly were going to be used to make guns to carry a serial number and anyone buying them undergo a background check.

"The ATF used to interpret the Gun Control Act the right way - they would look at how quickly a frame or receiver could be converted into an operable weapon," said Eric Tirschwell, managing director for the litigation arm of Everytown. "If it was pretty quickly, they would say 'yeah, that's a firearm.'"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u-s-c ... d=msedgntp

Bloomberg is behind this with his EveryTown/MomsDemand shills.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

The ATF itself is wholly un-Constitutional and should be audited, defunded and shut down. There is absolutely no Constitutional mandate for the government to regulate anything inside the fifty United States. This is a power that they have legislatively claimed for themselves under threat of forceful punishment for any state that refuses to acknowledge the primacy of the central government.
Again, to be crystal clear, the U.S. government can make laws, but they cannot make them Constitutional via legislative diktat, no matter how many votes they cast for them nor how many state legislatures support them. Many of the laws we are subjected to are de-facto null and void without amendments to our current Constitution, in which resides the Supreme Law of the Land, which neither Congress nor the Supreme Court can lawfully claim.
R/Griff
macattack321

Post by macattack321 »

They have a problem with 80% receivers, so manufacturers should begin making 79.9999999999% receivers. Problem solved! :lol:
joker223

Post by joker223 »

macattack321 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:26 pm They have a problem with 80% receivers, so manufacturers should begin making 79.9999999999% receivers. Problem solved! :lol:
hahahahha
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

No interest in 80 percent receivers other than it just seems like another item for the left to chip away at while declaring that is for the safety of the children.

My biggest concern would be if somehow this nonsense spilled over into restriction mail order uppers and other parts.

Ya, I get it about all unconstitutional but that ship sailed over 50 years ago.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

neverenoughguns wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:41 pm My biggest concern would be if somehow this nonsense spilled over into restriction mail order uppers and other parts.
Have you read the details of the Biden plan for gun control?

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#
End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

No mention of how Joe and Kamela will stop that certain demographic group from shooting each other.

:?:
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

flcracker wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:29 am
neverenoughguns wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:41 pm My biggest concern would be if somehow this nonsense spilled over into restriction mail order uppers and other parts.

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#
End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.
Yes, this my concern. It is absolutely ridiculous But it probably resonates w their base.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

The really concerning part is, any circumstance which would bring about a Biden win certainly would bring the House with it, and likely the Senate. We'd have a dictatorship which would make the insane possible.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

neverenoughguns wrote:No interest in 80 percent receivers other than it just seems like another item for the left to chip away at while declaring that is for the safety of the children.

My biggest concern would be if somehow this nonsense spilled over into restriction mail order uppers and other parts.

Ya, I get it about all unconstitutional but that ship sailed over 50 years ago.
Actually, 159 years ago...but you are correct.
Stand by for CWII.
R/Griff