Joe Biden's VP Pick?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
P5 Guy

Joe Biden's VP Pick?

Post by P5 Guy »

Gun law
Her National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund Lifetime Score is an F. The Gun Owners of California Positions on Gun Rights have also given Bass an F. In 2010 while campaigning for Congress, Bass supported legislation that with other regulations would have made all gun dealers report their sales to the federal government.

Bass participated in the 2016 sit-in against gun violence in the House of Representatives. Democratic members of Congress adopted the slogan "No Bill, No Break" in an attempt to push the introduction of legislation making it more difficult for Americans to own guns for self-protection. Bass is a strong supporter of legislation to prohibit the sale, transfer, manufacture, and importation of semiautomatic weapons and ammunition-feeding devices capable of accepting more than ten rounds in the United States. In 2019, she voted in favor of legislation to require a background check for every firearm sale and also to close the same loophole that allowed a gun to be acquired in the Charleston church massacre

https://www.sacbee.com/podcasts/califor ... 79937.html

Will this be Biden's VP?

Karen Bass praised Fidel Castro
The potential vice presidential candidate previously had kind words for Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.

Florida Democrats were especially alarmed by Bass’ statements, given that Florida’s Cuban population has a generally negative view of Castro and his communist regime.

“The comments are troubling. It shows a lack of understanding about what the Castro regime was about. So I have to learn more about her position and perspective on Fidel Castro,” Miami state Rep. Javier Fernandez told Politico last month.

Really!? This can't be Biden's best hope?

Rep. Karen Bass Is On The Short List To Be Joe Biden's Running Mate

REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

And, a Karen, too. :lol: I couldn't resist.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
tector

Post by tector »

Harris or Rice. Warren would be the smart pick.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

tector wrote:Harris or Rice. Warren would be the smart pick.
Not minority enough. Danged DNA tests! :)

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Whoever it is a.) is going to suck and b.) is likely to be the President before 2024...
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Palmguy wrote:Whoever it is a.) is going to suck and b.) is likely to be the President before 2024...
Biden has to win first and i don’t think that he will.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Legio wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:25 pm
Palmguy wrote:Whoever it is a.) is going to suck and b.) is likely to be the President before 2024...
Biden has to win first and i don’t think that he will.
Fair point....didn’t mean to imply Biden is going to win, just meant if he did win I’d be surprised if he finished his term.
Casual

Post by Casual »

Is it legal to quit right after the election? And basically hand the presidency to the unelectable VP?
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Casual wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:23 am Is it legal to quit right after the election? And basically hand the presidency to the unelectable VP?
If one is a democrat nothing is illegal
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Casual wrote:Is it legal to quit right after the election? And basically hand the presidency to the unelectable VP?
Any president can resign for any reason at any time during his presidency. The vice-president becomes president if able to. The speaker of the house is next in line.

Nixon is the only president who ever resigned.