Get your Aunt Jemima syrup

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
REDinFL

Get your Aunt Jemima syrup

Post by REDinFL »

Yep. Get your "Aunt Jemima" syrup now. Not because it's particularly good: it isn't. However, it rapidly will become a collector's item. After 130 years, Quaker Oats, the brand owner, will change the name.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/quake ... latestnews

Personally, for many years I haven't thought the name appropriate, and likely offensive to people. But, to change it because of the current hysteria? Executive types are falling over each over to virtue-signal over the next one, I'd guess to show how goooood they are and protect bonuses. Extrapolate that thinking to other issues, which may be of more interest to us, and could become troublesome in the right political atmosphere.

I'd bet people are out buying cases of "Aunt Jemima" syrup, and we'll see it on eBay later this year as, "rare", "collector item", "short supply."
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

REDinFL wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:57 am Yep. Get your "Aunt Jemima" syrup now. Not because it's particularly good: it isn't. However, it rapidly will become a collector's item. After 130 years, Quaker Oats, the brand owner, will change the name.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/quake ... latestnews

Personally, for many years I haven't thought the name appropriate, and likely offensive to people. But, to change it because of the current hysteria? Executive types are falling over each over to virtue-signal over the next one, I'd guess to show how goooood they are and protect bonuses. Extrapolate that thinking to other issues, which may be of more interest to us, and could become troublesome in the right political atmosphere.

I'd bet people are out buying cases of "Aunt Jemima" syrup, and we'll see it on eBay later this year as, "rare", "collector item", "short supply."
They had already changed the brand image. It used to be the more heavy set African American woman wearing a "babushka" type hair covering (i.e. stereotypical domestic servant). In fact, EMT's will often use a similar bandage for a head/scalp injury and it is (affectionately) called an "Aunt Jemimah." Not anymore, I guess. I guess the image was updated to that of a modern day business lady. Now, no image at all.

I guess they'll go after "Uncle Ben" next.... again.... They had gotten rid of him already once, but he returned.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Yes, I remember the old one. (There's a 7 in front of my age)
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

I wonder what they'll call it.

Not that it matters much, I always preferred Log Cabin syrup anyway.
My posts kill threads.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Uncle Ben is next to lose his iconic place on food packaging.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

I'm going to protest Cracker Jacks.
That's racist as hell.

I want it renamed to Captain Jacks.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
TACC

Post by TACC »

Dont forget mrs butterworth syrup

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

They can keep them both: Aunt Jemima and Butterworth. The thought of them makes me gag. Real Maple is the way.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Yup. Real 100% maple syrup from Vermont, or Quebec is all I eat. Not the corn syrup $hit. GARY.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

I don’t eat that crap and now won’t even try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk