Florida Gov gets it right!

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Wolfdog

Post by Wolfdog »

Pissed Off Patriot wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:33 pm I dunno, I'm not convinced the unemployment situation will affect the election that much. I think some of that will be offset by the people who like that he has started opening up the state.

Besides which, some of the unemployed weren't going to vote for him in the first place, if they vote at all. By election time, some of the angst will have worn off.
I hope that the case but do not count on it. In business a customer Pissed off will remember a lot longer and tell a lot more people then one who is satisfied. Same thing in politics.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Here's the thing.
Many people found themselves for the first time in their lives needing help from the government and could not get it.
On top of the he blamed the people themselves that where unable to get into the crappy Unemployment online service!
Ya I know a LOT of pissed off people right now who voted FOR him!

If the government isn't there to help in a time of crisis then WTF do we need them for???
Pissed Off Patriot

Post by Pissed Off Patriot »

Hmmm. Every single one of my co-workers have been affected by rolling furloughs. We are "essential", but there's not enough work to keep us all working at the same time. They all managed to get their unemployment. Not sure what the problem is with some people's claims, but other states are having issues too. Couple that with the fraudulent claims filed, and it certainly doesn't help the system.

I'm not saying there couldn't be some blame to assign to DeSantis, the trouble is, people are all too willing to create one scapegoat, and listen to the 5 second news headline to form an opinion.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/49816 ... employment
Wolfdog

Post by Wolfdog »

Pissed Off Patriot wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:37 pm Hmmm. Every single one of my co-workers have been affected by rolling furloughs. We are "essential", but there's not enough work to keep us all working at the same time. They all managed to get their unemployment. Not sure what the problem is with some people's claims, but other states are having issues too. Couple that with the fraudulent claims filed, and it certainly doesn't help the system.

I'm not saying there couldn't be some blame to assign to DeSantis, the trouble is, people are all too willing to create one scapegoat, and listen to the 5 second news headline to form an opinion.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/49816 ... employment
Ya I am nominally "essential" myself although when work drops 80% almost over night someone is going to get laid off. That was me. I tried to file right away but since I was already in their system I had to log into an established account. And since they change your pin if you do not log in for 90 days and the only time had been in the system was years ago I had to establish a new pin. To do that I had to talk to someone at DEO or E-mail. E-mail I never did get a response and It took over 900 call over 4 weeks to finally talk to a person that could reset my pin. That was 5 weeks ago and just now got my first payment and cannot get an answer as to if I will get the weeks I could not get into the system for.
Is this our Governor's fault? Not really, the system has been slammed by 10 times the most claims it had ever had before. But him playing the blame game is not effective and does no good for anyone.