Corona Virus Info believe it or not, your choice

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Gregg wrote:So far in my family alone:

I, my wife (both retired) and my youngest son have all tested positive for the CCP Virus antibodies.
My son works at Orlando International Airport, and likely brought it home to the wife and myself.
My son had a very mild fever and a bit of a cough for a couple days, and that was it.
I only had a bit of a sore throat for a couple days.
My wife never showed any symptoms at all.
All this took place early to mid March.
My son and I are giving blood for the antibody plasma as often as we are allowed to.

My older son and his wife (Nurse Practitioner) both have also tested positive for the antibodies.
His wife likely brought it home from the hospital she works at, again in early to mid March.

She arranged for the three of us to get tested in late March, when that antibody test first became available at her hospital.

Thus so far, we are five for five.
This virus is very contagious, and most people who get it, never know that they have it.
Yes, we have been lucky, as none of us got the bad effects.

Personally, I think 20 to 30% of everyone in this country has already been exposed to the CCP Virus.
Hopefully the people with just mild symptoms have gained some antibodies and enough immunity to not get killed by it by now

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

This is from my daughter in law, who is a ICU Nurse Practitioner:

40% of the people exposed to the virus either never have symptoms, or they have little to very mild symptoms like a cold or Hay Fever.
Another 40% get a mild reaction, like a bad cold or the mild flu.
The final 20% get severe symptoms; fever above 101 degrees, bad coughing, shortness of breath and such.

Of that 20%, about 6% end up in the hospital, with 3% ending up on ventilators, and 1.5% dying.
If it was not for the excellent health care system here in Central Florida, most of that 6% would be dying, not one and a half percent.
These numbers are from her own experience at the hospital she works at in Orlando.

Thankfully, my entire family got the first 40% reaction.

Most of the the general population being tested, are in the 20% group with bad symptoms.
Only medical workers, first responders and police are being tested with out having any symptoms.
My daughter in law was tested due to a large number of people in her ICU section were testing positive.
My oldest son was tested because his wife tested positive for prior exposure.
The rest of us were tested only because my daughter in law has some pull with the hospital.

Based on the above, the real infected or were infected numbers are at least 5 times higher than are being reported, as only people who have tested positive count to the statistics.
If you have/had no symptoms, you don't normally get tested; and even if you have the virus you are not counted.
Thus, three of the positive cases in Brevard County are my family, with two in Orange County.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

Gregg,

Thank the good Lord you and your family made it thru that and are OK. :D

It's good to hear some good, positive news aside from whats on most of the news channels.

The part that bothers me is now they are on the "This is the new normal" bandwagon,
like this is never going to end and things will never be the same again.

Sounds a bit too familiar to me. I heard someone else say that a few years ago when everything was in the toilet.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

Regardless of the players involved and their relationships, I view this pandemic, originating in and dispersed by internationally, from a city in China with a known government biological testing lab, as a military dry-run.  Practically, took-out a US Navy aircraft carrier, didn't they? 

And more importantly look what they learned! 
They got a weak and self-centered Navy Captain (who publicly communicated the ready status of his ship and command to 30 civilians [and indirectly, but not necessarily unknowingly, a liberal newspaper] to publicly expose the vulnerability the virus had created and the extent that it had compromised our national defense?

Somebody in the Chinese military is getting an award for this...

Those dots are easier to connect and why, I have no doubt, the Secretary of Navy had ample reason to call this officer 'stupid.'  The Secretary of Navy should not have resigned and IMO President Trump should not have accepted his resignation.  Real management, serious management isn't about winning a popularity contest.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."

ROLL TIDE !
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

They will create a new agency out of this clusterfuck ala TSA or just will extend the powers of the Homeland Security Agency, just like they did when 9/11 happened.
It’s for the children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

"More insidious may be the health care worker who comes to work with mild and ambiguous symptoms, such as fatigue or muscle aches, or a scratchy throat and mild nasal congestion, that they attribute to working long hours or stress or seasonal allergies, rather than recognizing that they may have early or mild Covid-19. In our hospitals, we have already seen a number of instances in which staff members either came to work well but developed symptoms of Covid-19 partway through their shifts or worked with mild and ambiguous symptoms that were subsequently diagnosed as Covid-19. These cases have led to large numbers of our patients and staff members being exposed to the virus and a handful of potentially linked infections in health care workers. Masking all providers might limit transmission from these sources by stopping asymptomatic and minimally symptomatic health care workers from spreading virus-laden oral and nasal droplets."
revelation

Post by revelation »

I just hope the gradual reopening of businesses and the unfortunate mass protest do not cause a second wave because so many people are triggered, depressed, pissed and confused about out leadership. A second shut down, in my opinion, would be something I would not like to experience.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I hope I'm a paranoid lunatic. But, I believe there will be a second one, even if they have to call a prostate problem COVID. This disease is real, basically a somewhat more contagious version of the flu, exaggerated for political purposes. What an outstanding tactic for the election. I want to be wrong, but I don't think so. Every time I think my opinion of the majority of my fellow creatures has hit bottom, is when I'm shown to be wrong.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

The rioting has subsided so now the "2nd wave" of the corona virus farce has somehow realized it was subsiding so it's now regrouping to continue and restart the shutdown so our economy will take another kick in the balls.

Convieniant as hell IMO !

My Nostradamus prediction is rioting will start again right around election time in order for the dems to have an excuse to cry foul and have a redo or at the very least a recount.

Excuse being folks couldn't vote out of fear or voting places were destroyed and minorities were DISENFRANCHISED.

The news will report the Repubs and Trump planned it.

ROLL TIDE !