Florida shuts down online concealed-weapon license app

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Farkin' democraps - they never let a good crisis keep them from advancing their political agenda.

This needs to be spread far and wide, and remembered come election time.

Hoping that Florida Carry takes this on and challenges her in court

https://www.thegunwriter.com/25018/flor ... cense-app/

BY LEE WILLIAMS ON MARCH 23, 2020
TGW COLUMN, THE GUN WRITER

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried has shut down the online app for a Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License, (CWFL).

There’s no reason given for the unusual move, other than a brief note: “Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) precautions, you will not be able to apply online for a Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License.”

Instead, applicants are told they can download the CWFL application and mail it to Fried’s department.

Now I’m certainly not an epidemiologist, but lately I’ve read enough about the coronavirus to understand it lives on the surfaces of things, like paper envelopes or paper CWFL applications.

I haven’t yet heard that the virus can be transmitted online so, to me, Fried’s thinking is a bit backwards.

I could understand — in an abundance of caution — cancelling paper CWFL applications to safeguard her employees, but certainly not the online app, right?

This makes no sense from an antivirus perspective.

However, it makes perfect sense from an anti-gun perspective.

In my humble opinion, Fried wants to slow down the CWFL application process because it’s one facet of her office she’s never supported. She is decidedly anti-gun.

Online apps are much faster than snail mail, and she knows this.

Shame on you, Commissioner Fried. Your actions and the reasons behind them are blatantly obvious.

I hope Gov. Ron DeSantis holds you accountable.

Fried’s office did not immediately return calls seeking comment for this column.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

How in the name of John Moses Browning did this woman get elected?

She will do everything in her power to take our rights

AFS
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

And, everyone expected?

People like that do whatever mischief they can, end running the law by placing obstacles as she already announced. As far as how she got elected, Caldwell was ahead until midnight, and by morning votes appeared for her.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

First, there's nobody to process applications, they're all at home. Second, Fried was elected because the Republican pissed off all the farmers and growers in Florida. It is the Agriculture Department after all.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TACC

Post by TACC »

How did the Republican piss off all of the farmers?

And yes she is pulling this frap thinking no one will question it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

flcracker

Post by flcracker »

weaselfire wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:19 pm First, there's nobody to process applications, they're all at home.
Many people in both private sector and .gov are continuing to work fulltime from home, using VPN login to get everyday digital paperwork accomplished.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

AirForceShooter wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:29 am How in the name of John Moses Browning did this woman get elected?
Have you driven through Broward, Dade and Palm Beach Counties lately? That's how. :roll:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Pissed Off Patriot

Post by Pissed Off Patriot »

Ugh. Not that I can get one yet anyway. I can't get my Florida drivers license since motor vehicle shut down just before I got here. Florida plates should be arriving in the mail this week at least.
joel

Post by joel »

Pissed Off Patriot wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:13 am Ugh. Not that I can get one yet anyway. I can't get my Florida drivers license since motor vehicle shut down just before I got here. Florida plates should be arriving in the mail this week at least.
Drivers' Licenses were extended for 30 dates (so far)
If your driver license expired after Mar 26th, you're extended for a month
Pissed Off Patriot

Post by Pissed Off Patriot »

joel wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:48 pm
Pissed Off Patriot wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:13 am Ugh. Not that I can get one yet anyway. I can't get my Florida drivers license since motor vehicle shut down just before I got here. Florida plates should be arriving in the mail this week at least.
Drivers' Licenses were extended for 30 dates (so far)
If your driver license expired after Mar 26th, you're extended for a month
I have a NY driver's license, as i just transferred my job to the Orlando area, a process I started many months ago. Then the virus hit, and motor vehicle shut down just before i rolled into town, so I am unable to get a Florida license at this time.