Response to "gun" violence

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Springfield

Response to "gun" violence

Post by Springfield »

I got an email from some Representative about "gun" violence. Below is my response. I'm sure your critical comments can help improve my response the next time I need to.
Hello Representative _______,

Let me clear up some of your misunderstanding. There is an unfortunate amount of *human* violence in our society, but guns are inanimate objects not capable of violence or any other effect unless a human is controlling them. Passing more laws that infringe on the rights of law-abiding gun owners is unConstitutional and will probably have little to no positive effect. As gun restrictions in Britain and elsewhere have shown, violent and mentally ill people will murder others with whatever weapons are available, often just clubs or their hands.

If you really want to fight the violence of humans who use guns (and other weapons), research Project Exile. Every community knows who their violent people are. By focusing on the few most violent people, with help from Government, communities can greatly reduce violence and improve their safety and quality of life. That is a goal we can all strive for.

America is not like other countries. Our founders put the 2nd Amendment in the Constitution for a reason. It is my sincere hope that we never have to learn first hand why they did that, but ignoring the root cause of today's violence only makes us all less safe. I implore you to respect the Founders' wisdom and cease ineffective efforts that infringe on law abiding gun owners. If not, many like me will be voting against representatives like you later this year.

God bless us all,
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Great letter
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

Excellent letter, right to the point and a classic expression of how you and your fellow American Patriots feel about those who would attempt to undermine our 2nd Amendment rights in any way.

More of us need to follow suit instead of riding pine and watching the parade go by. Its going to take every last one of us Patriots in order to defeat this onslaught of left wing radicals.

If we let up for a minute, we will lose it all.

And know this, they will never stop until they take us down.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

The walking Silver Alert did say Ratface would be coming to my house.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.