Some Florida Republicans At It Again. Gun Control For Thee But Not For Me!

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

The Florida Senate Republicans under the authority of Michael Bloomberg loving Senate President Bill Galvano (R) have already voted once for a universal background check bill (SB 7028). It appears that there is a coordinated effort in both the House and Senate to pass another gun related bill.

House Bill 183 introduced by Rep. Mel Ponder (R) and Senate Bill 1524 introduced by Sen. George Gainer (R); both titled their bills Prohibited Places for Weapons and Firearms.

What exactly do these bills do? Well, they grant an exemption to Florida Lawmakers from the CCW ban. Currently under Statute 790.06(12)(a)(7); it is illegal for a licensed concealed weapons permit holder to carry at:
7. Any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district.
Well, they wish to amend the law and grant themselves and their minor league municipal political teammates an exemption. The new wording states the following:
7. Any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district, except that nothing in this section precludes an elected member of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district licensed under this section from carrying a concealed weapon or firearm to a meeting of the governing body of which he or she is a member;
Gee, isn’t that representative of such noble and egalitarian ideals that our lawmakers continue to espouse during their campaigns for office.

The House’s Criminal Justice Subcommittee will bring this bill up to a vote tomorrow. The committee is made up of five Democrats and ten Republicans. House Speaker Jose Oliva stated in regards to universal background checks that the House does not support that measure.

Let’s see where the House Republicans stand on this bill. Are they actually for equality under the color of the law or do they favor special exemptions and a creation of a noble class that rules over the plebeian peasantry?
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

So, instead of just having a citizen dragged out should they say something the noble doesn’t like, the muck-muck can now just make up “fear”, and shoot the sucker, oops I mean Citizen.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Pretty how it's worked since recorded history. The elected...I mean RULERS put themselves above those that elect them. Because they are special. :?

It amazes me that once these corrupted treasonous pos get elected. They magically forget everything they said they'd do during their campaign.

They also forget the CONSTITUTION starts with WE THE PEOPLE not WE the GOVERNMENT.

People are waking up now to this corrupt POLITICAL system. If I were an ELECTED REPRESENTATIVE I'd be concerned. Because AMERICANS will hold them accountable for violating their oaths .

If we all pull together on election day and put honest non POLITICALLY associated people in office. Instead of those climbing the political ladder. We can fix this. This why bother to vote attitude must end.

I've always believed. That if you do not vote. Then don't bitch about those in office and the rights they want to strip you of.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

In fact, in medieval times the “nobles” we’re the only ones allowed arms; the common folk were not. A sword was a badge of “rank”. This is speaking specifically of England, I can’t say for other places.

I think if all who bitch vote, the demos won’t be able to cheat enough. I’m sure the ballots intended to be “found” are already printed. Why make it easy on them by not voting? But, there may come a point, when they cheat over the top and in your face, as in more votes cast than there are registered voters, one may need to consider the election illegitimate. We’ll see what happens. I don’t think that’s a can they really want to open.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

The FL House Criminal Subcommittee Passes HB 183, CCW Exemption for Lawmakers

FL House's Criminal Justice Subcommittee on 1/28/2020. Courtesy - The Florida Channel

A I reported on Monday; the Florida House of Representative's Subcommittee on Criminal Justice was going to hear and vote on HB 183 (Prohibited Places for Weapons and Firearms) on Tuesday. And to top it off, this Subcommittee was under Republican Majority.

Again, for those that don't know. HB 183 is a bill that would grant lawmakers and their municipal government partners in crime an exemption from the ban on carrying at government meetings. The House bill was introduced by Rep. Mel Ponder (R) and there is a companion bill in the State Senate. SB 1524, which was introduced by Sen. George Gainer (R).

So how did the House Subcommittee vote?

Courtesy - FL House of Representatives

It passed 11 in favor to 3 against with 1 missed vote. Rep. Ramon Alexander (D), Rep. Mike Gottlieb (D), and Rep. Spencer Roach (R) voted against the bill. Rep. Dane Eagle (R) missed the vote but is marked as a yea in favor. You can watch the actual debate here.

Again, it is so nice to see these elected officials perfectly representing the noble, egalitarian ideals that lawmakers espouse so strenuously during their campaigns for office (sarcasm). I guess it appears that some in office, possibly the majority in office, are not for equality under the law and instead they favor special exemptions for the anointed and creation of a noble class that rules over the plebeian peasantry.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
TACC

Post by TACC »

Next time I get a request from any Florida politicians fir money, I will tell them to go pound salt.

This is a serious slap in the face

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk