2 muslim women might make it to Congress

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

dammitgriff wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:21 pm

R/Griff
Sorry I have to reply one more time. Watched video. This explains it better than anything I've ever watch before and reflects my feeling exactly.

Today white people are being shamed by the left for just being successful and are automatically racist just because they are white and who they vote for.

I was never racist until I was treated as a racist by true racist. Enough is enough I've had it with these animals that attack us just because we are white AMERICANS. Those that defend and make excuses for these racist bastards can kiss my ass.

The video is 100% correct and this is why ISLAM has no place in AMERICAN politics. They are not doing it to make AMERICA a better place.

But to turn it into a shit hole and against AMERICAN culture that they hate and despise. I've not been in not one middle eastern country that was worth a damn.

That came even close to a Western country. Not counting Saudia Arabia and America made them.

Thank you for posting it.

United States Army Ranger
Firefighter Paramedic
White American Patriot
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
mikem

Post by mikem »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:26 pm
dammitgriff wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:21 pm

R/Griff
Sorry I have to reply one more time. Watched video. This explains it better than anything I've ever watch before and reflects my feeling exactly.

Today white people are being shamed by the left for just being successful and are automatically racist just because they are white and who they vote for.
You do know that this video is created by literal white supremacists, right?
I was never racist until I was treated as a racist by true racist. Enough is enough I've had it with these animals that attack us just because we are white AMERICANS. Those that defend and make excuses for these racist bastards can kiss my ass.
You were never racist until you were treated like one so now you are one?

Welcome back FSN!
please lock/delete this account.
tector

Post by tector »

I am not sure why "race" got injected into here. There is no Muslim "race". And Muslim extremists seem to hate Americans of all races.

Maybe a reset is required.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
mikem

Post by mikem »

tector wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:52 am I am not sure why "race" got injected into here. There is no Muslim "race". And Muslim extremists seem to hate Americans of all races.

Race is pretty much everywhere though; it is the subtext of most social and political discussion and I think that's why it came up here.

I also think it is important to point out that the OP's issues with muslims stem from his views on race. I think this shows the intersection white racial anxiety/racism with islamophophia.
Last edited by mikem on Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
tector

Post by tector »

mikem wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:04 am
tector wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:52 am I am not sure why "race" got injected into here. There is no Muslim "race". And Muslim extremists seem to hate Americans of all races.

Race is pretty much everywhere though; it is the subtext of most social and political discussion and I think that's why it came up here.
Well, that is a standard liberal "truth", but your response addresses neither of the points I raised.

In this instance at least, "race" is a category mistake.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_mistake
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Race gets interjected into it because the vast majority of adherents to Islam are of darker skin than us in the west. Hence if you're anti religion that proclaims it wants you dead simply because your way of life is different, you're a racist.

You can argue up and down the "not all muslims" thing if you want, sit there and call me a white supremacist if you disagree, and that's fine, it's your opinion. History on the other hand will prove you wrong.

It's not racist to not want to see your way of life and values upended by a group that a big portion of its adherents think you're subhuman.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
mikem

Post by mikem »

tector wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:13 am Well, that is a standard liberal "truth", but your response addresses neither of the points I raised.

In this instance at least, "race" is a category mistake.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_mistake
I'm familiar with the concept. In fact, I feel like you intentionally commit "category mistake" by attempting to separate islamophobia from racism.

The problem is that race and racism aren't that is so easily categorized. I think there is a huge intersection between racism and islamophobia because many muslims are brown.

So no, "muslim" isn't a race but many muslims are non-white so religion becomes a proxy for race. Which is why, I think, race and islam came up here in this thread.

But it isn't the property of "religion" that white people have trouble with because Islam and Christianity are so incredibly similar and share so many texts, values, and traditions. Have you seen the burkas that nuns wear?

The category mistake here is trying to claim concerns about religion when racism is at the core.
Last edited by mikem on Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
mikem

Post by mikem »

Skoll wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:15 am It's not racist to not want to see your way of life and values upended by a group that a big portion of its adherents think you're subhuman.
White Christians burn, castrate, hang, and shoot people of color who they believe to be sub-human. Are these not real Christians? My point is: any group of people is a cross section of humanity and you have a representatives from across the spectrum. Good people, bad people, etc. Yes, some populations skew in particular directions but I don't think that is the case for American Muslims.

When it comes to *you* and your beliefs about people from particular group: you can choose to deny them their humanness by assuming they're all exactly the same or you can recognize their strengths and faults as you see your own.

Personally I think anyone who believes in any religion is, to some degree, mentally ill but that's another thread.
Last edited by mikem on Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikem

Post by mikem »

And as vocally as you guys are shouting down the idea that this is about racism, I'm surprised no one is speaking out against ACTUAL racist videos and confessed racist sentiments.

It this who we are as gun owners?
tector

Post by tector »

mikem wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:32 am And as vocally as you guys are shouting down the idea that this is about racism, I'm surprised no one is speaking out against ACTUAL racist videos and confessed racist sentiments.

It this who we are as gun owners?
Well my point was directed to all sides using "race". I generally don't bother watching videos posted by certain people here, so I saw none of the videos you reference. And I generally skip past long-winded rants by known crazy people. They are predictably dumb. There's no reason to build upon their errors.