Current Petition Amendments that will be on the 2020 Florida Ballot for the State Constitution.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Current Petition Amendments that will be on the 2020 Florida Ballot for the State Constitution.

Post by Miami_JBT »

Prop 1 - Citizenship Requirement to Vote in Florida Elections

This amendment provides that only United States Citizens who are at least eighteen years of age, a permanent resident of Florida, and registered to vote, as provided by law, shall be qualified to vote in a Florida election.

Prop 2 - Raising Florida’s Minimum Wage

Raises minimum wage to $10.00 per hour effective September 30th, 2021. Each September 30th thereafter, minimum wage shall increase by $1.00 per hour until the minimum wage reaches $15.00 per hour on September 30th, 2026. From that point forward, future minimum wage increases shall revert to being adjusted annually for inflation starting September 30th, 2027.

Prop 3- All Voters Vote in Primary Elections for State Legislature, Governor, and Cabinet

Allows all registered voters to vote in primaries for state legislature, governor, and cabinet regardless of political party affiliation. All candidates for an office, including party nominated candidates, appear on the same primary ballot. Two highest vote getters advance to general election. If only two candidates qualify, no primary is held and winner is determined in general election. Candidate's party affiliation may appear on ballot as provided by law. Effective January 1, 2024.

None of the Legalize Recreational Marijuana Petitions have gathered the required amount of signatures (over 760k) to make it to the 2020 Ballot. Additionally, the Assault Weapons Ban Petition has not reached the required amount of signatures either. The AWB Petition hasn't broken 160k signatures yet and the deadline is February 2020.

Now, going to open primaries will be interesting and dangerous for the Republican Party of FL. This is clearly an attempt to weaken their hold in FL. The Minimum Wage Petition is self explanatory and we know that's going to cause problems. The RPoF will especially hate it since right now $15 is what a State Trooper makes, $13 is what a State Correctional Officer makes, and plenty of other State Jobs pay less than that. The Citizenship Requirement for Voting in FL is already law, but this will cement it into the State Constitution.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Miami_JBT wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:53 am
None of the Legalize Recreational Marijuana Petitions have gathered the required amount of signatures (over 760k) to make it to the 2020 Ballot.
Funny you mention that.... I just received some campaign literature about this no more than two days ago.. And addressed directly to me and not, like, "Resident" or some such thing... I wonder where these creeps got my address info. I'd be awfully disappointed if it turns out to be the GOP orgs where-from comes most of that campaign literature....
TACC

Post by TACC »

This will
Be interesting

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Skoll

Post by Skoll »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:55 pm
None of the Legalize Recreational Marijuana Petitions have gathered the required amount of signatures (over 760k) to make it to the 2020 Ballot.
Funny you mention that.... I just received some campaign literature about this no more than two days ago.. And addressed directly to me and not, like, "Resident" or some such thing... I wonder where these creeps got my address info. I'd be awfully disappointed if it turns out to be the GOP orgs where-from comes most of that campaign literature....
If you're a registered voter, all that info is publicly available and prob where they got it.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
tector

Post by tector »

It will be too bad if a legal weed initiative doesn't make it. I was just in Vegas in November and the dispensaries were awesome and busy, generating solid revenues for the state. "A friend" bought 3/4 of an ounce (two different strains) for $189. The regular sales tax of $15.59 was augmented by an excise tax of $21.01, for a total of $36.60. The one dispensary "he" purchased from resembled a jewelry store more than anything else. Every strain, in an 1/8 ounce container, was on display under glass counters with profuse info on the exact composition (strain, THC and CBD payloads, etc.)--the inventory was all in the back. It was so much more civilized than our ongoing idiocy. Of course Florida remains one of the idiot states on sports betting too (I believe now legalized in 20 states), so weed is hardly the only thing impaired by our unique combination of inbred Bible beaters and the Mouse.
Last edited by tector on Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Public Voter Rolls.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Skoll wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:17 pm
If you're a registered voter, all that info is publicly available and prob where they got it.
Oh, I know.... I guess what I was really wondering was, "Who was targeting me and why did they feel the need to do do it?" And, BTW, it wasn't exactly "campaign literature..." it was a "Petition" of some sort... i assume to get some significant initiatives on the ballot.

FTR, for me at present, the "Jury is still out..." in re: Recreational weed. They're going to have to convince me that Recreational weed will not result in the same or similar issues we see currently with Alcohol (i.e. no increase in DUI's. petty thefts to pay for the weed, etc.). I get that a lot of black market crime in re: supply/demand could be reduced by legalizing, taxing, regulating, etc. etc. still... And, while I wouldn't begrudge medical weed for those for whom it actually has some benefit (i.e. glaucoma, seizures, etc.), I would not use it for medical purposes, personally.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Generally I vote NO on all Florida constitutional amendments. This time is an exception, that Prop1 looks like something that should have ALWAYS been.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Thanks to OP for posting this info. Anything that slows the transformation of Florida from purple to blue is a good idea.
State-level political involvement is our best hope of turning around the national fustercluck we have today.